WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Job Title: Human Resources Consultant
Type of Contract: Regular Consultant
Division: HRM – HRMOG
Duty Station (City, Country): HQ Rome, Italy
Duration: 6 months (with a possibility of extension)
Reporting to: Chief, HRMOG
This Vacancy Announcement may also be used to establish a roster of qualified candidates for future HR consultancy assignments in WFP.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
This assignment is based at Headquarters (HQ) in the HRM Operations branch to deliver professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers implementing HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
Under the supervision of the Chief, HR Operations, and overall supervision of the Deputy Director, HR, the incumbent will deliver a range of tasks and will ensure strategies and plans are implemented across the assigned area of work in onboarding of staff, administration of benefits and entitlements, reassignment and specialized clusters such as separation of staff, or management of the affiliate personnel HR and contract services.
The HR Operations branch in the Headquarters, known as HR Global Services has 3 pillars of services:
- Benefits and Entitlements services;
- Contract services;
- Knowledge Management and SME.
S/he works independently, using technical knowledge and expertise to analyse data, prepare reports, provide advice to staff members on eligibility, make recommendations on requests out of the scope of the framework, propose solutions to problems, and identify opportunities for improvements.
It is expected that the Consultants will understand the risk related to legal, financial and reputational risks linked to own action and consequences. Expected thorough processing of assigned tasks, displaying a proactive flexible mindset, embracing a culture of innovation & partnership, complying with procedures, regulations, and a strong customer-oriented approach. The Consultant will operate with minimal supervision and provide guidance to other staff to ensure that operational and project objectives are achieved.
- Deliver onboarding process for area and units assigned, which ensures new employees on various contractual types have a positive experience of WFP and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
- Provide advice to managers and employees on complex issues, understanding their needs and ensuring that HR policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied.
- Provide effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and by resolving employee relations issues.
- Uphold principles of service delivery, client orientation and satisfaction through efficient, timely and accurate management and administration of onboarding, benefits and entitlements, and separation.
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies and staff rules/ regulations in all actions managed and overseen as well as for recommendations submitted for approvals.
- Maintain and share knowledge of best practices and sensitive rules related to the HR services provided by the branch.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new/improved HR policies, systems and procedures to ensure effectiveness, adequation with WFP’s framework and efficient services.
- Coordinate and prepare timely corporate statistics and conduct analysis, identify trends and potential issues, and propose solutions, when necessary.
- Ensure constant high-level partnership with business clients and all stakeholders through clear and effective communications.
- Be the change agent and lead by example to the team by demonstrating a commitment to WFP values, and supporting performance management and feedback culture in the team.
- Contribute to the development of internal HR knowledge and operational guidelines, SOPs, and other materials to institutionalize knowledge, consistency of HR processes and policy application and interpretation.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or another relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or training/courses.
Experience in Human Resources at a professional level, with exposure to HR Operations in the context of international organizations. Experience of managing small teams of staff with related areas of expertise.
Knowledge & Skills
- Sound theoretical understanding of HR concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
- Ability to guide and motivate a team.
- Good communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
- Knowledge of common business principles and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships with human resources counterparts, managers and staff within HQ/regional/country office.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish priorities, and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision