The Design Manager will support the Education department by designing, developing and overseeing the creation of compelling public-facing materials that a) communicate the results of and recommendations from programs and research in order to influence policy and practice and b) raise the profile of the Education team’s work. This person will also support the design of products used by our programs.
• Design and create quality digital and print content that includes pitch decks, presentations, infographics, illustrations, briefs, reports, and other materials for events and meetings
• Review existing assets, including photographs and templates, and curate high quality resources for repurposing
• Collaborate with Education and communications colleagues to scope design needs, propose recommendations for materials and execute these recommendations
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Policy Advisor, Education
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
• Education Content Officer
• Education Product Officer
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Visual/Graphic Design (or equivalent); Masters preferred
• Minimum of 2-3 years of graphic design work experience OR recent graduate of an advanced design program
• Experience in the humanitarian or development sector a plus
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Demonstrated proficiency in design tools such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office.
• Exceptional communication and storytelling skills.
• Experience working with designers from different backgrounds.
• Keen interest in humanitarian contexts
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
• Language Skills: Proficiency in English required
Working Environment: This role may require working remotely full time. Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled hours.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.