WRI Indonesia is an independent research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. At WRI Indonesia, we aim to bring innovations in research and business approaches in order to create the enabling conditions for Indonesia to achieve robust economic growth while respecting environmental and social values. We seek to contribute to the accomplishment of ambitious sustainable development goals through working with leaders in public and private sectors, as well as collaborating with civil society organizations, in turning big ideas into action.
The Communications Assistant will support WRI Indonesia’s office by supporting communications activities and managing multiple communications channels (such as website, social media, blog, publications, media relations, and events) including the development and maintenance of WRI Indonesia’s website, with a focus on the Cities for Forest program. The Communications Assistant will proactively collaborate with the Cities for Forest program team on related work. The ideal candidate will have proficient communication skills, sharp analytical thinking, and be able to demonstrate their ability to effectively engage with various national, sub-national and international stakeholders.
- Coordination with the Senior Communications Coordinators and working collaboratively with the rest of Communications Team to support and manage project’s communications strategies for reports, events, conferences, and news opportunities including media content: Create clear, concise messaging to advance impact;
- Support the Communications Coordinator in responding to program needs, identify WRI Indonesia visibility materials for production; support the development, design and implementation of communication vehicles and material including but not limited to advertisements, brochures, etc;
- In coordination with the Communications Coordinator, Cities for Forest program team leader and members, and other relevant staff to support clear advocacy/ campaign strategies for each thematic sector at all levels and ensure that advocacy plans throughout the program are compatible, consistent and effectively delivered.
- Support the implementation of developed outreach strategies;
- Coordinate media outreach to traditional & new media. Assist with proactive outreach such as pitching, research, handling incoming requests, and monitoring daily news coverage;
- Coordinate outreach to partners and stakeholders via email communications, events, and other opportunities;
- Develop ideas, write, and edit a variety of internal and external materials, such as blog posts, media materials, newsletters, op-eds, website content, and more;
- Manage contact database;
- Initiate, update, and maintain website content;
- Optimize WRI Indonesia’s websites and social media pages to increase the visibility of content through – but not limited to - search engine optimization;
- Expand and build meaningful interaction with virtual communities and network users as well as maintain a social media presence, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn;
- Create monthly editorial calendars and editorial plan for all WRI’s social media channels;
- Create appealing visuals to be disseminated on social media;
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content (text, images, video) that builds meaningful connection and encourages WRI Indonesia’s community to take action;
- Disseminate newsletter or other email pitches to WRI Indonesia’s subscribers;
- Develop strategy to boost subscribers for WRI Indonesia’s newsletters;
- Assist in monitoring analytics of website and social media.
- Provide materials that support the development of proposals and presentations;
- Monitor and support the publications process, including outreach planning, production, and distribution;
- Support and manage WRI Indonesia-related events;
- Support and promote the institutional development and program of WRI Indonesia as needed.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia
- Ideal candidate will have bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or other relevant fields;
- Professional experience of min 2 years in communications;
- Experience and proven ability to communicate effectively with Indonesian government officials;
- Good understanding of social media and how to use it to impact audiences;
- Visual skills, such as photography, graphic design, and Adobe Photoshop are desirable;
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high-quality work products;
- Fluency in both Bahasa Indonesia and English, with a strong emphasis on written and spoken communications (additional language skills are welcome);
- Ability to travel when needed
- Experiences in International organization or consulting firm
- Experience in working with a content management system (CMS)
- Experience in working with reporters or members of the media (and established media contacts)
- Interest and experience in forestry, energy, or other natural resources-related issues in Indonesia
- Articulate, skilled writer with writing experience (professional clips or writing samples)
Monthly consolidated report on delivery, achievement, and lesson-learned include but not limited to:
- Communications strategy implementation and/or progress report
- Event implementation and report
- Stakeholder engagement and report and/or minutes of meeting
- Communication material development such as video, press release, blog, op-eds, website content ideas, slide deck
- Website and social media management
Initial contract up to December 2022 with possibility of extension subject to individual performance evaluation, budget availability, and future needs
Terms of Payment
Daily rate consultant with maximum 18 (eighteen) working days per month
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
Consultant rate: Consultant rate is commensurate with experience and skills.
Qualified applicants should apply online through WRI career portal in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), 11 July 2022. We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic