Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Santiago
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement: [[filter13]]
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 10-Feb-2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
You are invited to submit your application to this “Call for application” using the UNESCO Career site.
In addition, if you are interested in assignments of more than 6 months of duration, you are invited to submit an offer to conduct a Consultancy in education policy, planning and financing in accordance with the following Terms of Reference (TOR). This offer is not to be construed in any way as an offer to contract with you. Your proposal could, however, form part of a ROSTER, as basis for a contract between you and UNESCO.
The offer must comprise a technical and financial proposal based in the TOR. For technical proposal we also recommend visiting the Monitoring and Planning webpage (https://es.unesco.org/monitoreo-planificacion) and an extension of no more than 1,500 words. For financial proposal see the following section.
Your offer should reach UNESCO Office in Santiago, no later than Feb 10, 2023, to the following address:
📌 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗷𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀? 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗣 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮 ✔
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
Regional Bureau for Education for La n America and the Caribbean
UNESCO Santiago Office
Enrique del Piano 2058, Providencia, Santiago de Chile SEALED PROPOSAL - DO NOT OPEN or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in the subject/reference:
Ref: STG/23/ED/EMPU/001 – Consultant in education data and monitoring
Closing Date: Feb 10, 2023
Expected Duration of Assignment: From 1-6 month or from 7-11 months, as required.
Education Monitoring and Planning Unit
Regional Bureau for Education for La n America and the Caribbean UNESCO Santiago Office
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
UNESCO is the United Nations specialized agency responsible for leading the Global Education Agenda 2030 through Sustainable Development Goal 4 (SDG 4) within the framework of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The UNESCO Regional Bureau of Education for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) based in Santiago de Chile is responsible for leading and coordinating the formula on and implementation of the E2030 regional program and is refocusing its strategies and programs to respond to the emerging needs and education trends in the region in support of Member States' efforts to achieve the ambitious goal of providing quality equitable and inclusive education and learning opportunities for all by 2030.
Within the Regional Bureau for Education, the Education Monitoring and Planning Unit represents a key area of work and a functional pillar of the E2030 regional educational program. Its work agenda is related to the products and the impact of interventions in educational policies, planning, financing, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), as well as the provision of high-level advisory services.
Possible responsibilities of the specialist include:
- Follow up on regional and global initiatives for the collection of educational data and the production of indicators that involve LAC countries. Systematize educational and social statistics and indicators for use by the Regional Bureau for Education
- Design and develop a repository of regional educational data and indicators to serve the needs of OREALC/UNESCO Santiago.
- Analyze the metadata of the different databases, statistics, and indicators available, as well as the characteristics of the statistical operations that produce the information, to identify their main characteristics, sources, and limitations.
- The education data and monitoring specialist will be responsible for supporting the Unit in the systematization and analysis of educational and social data and indicators of LAC countries, specific projects related to education management information systems (EMIS), and the elaboration of internal/external reports on education, as well as other related sectors.
- Contribute to the regional monitoring of education at OREALC/UNESCO Santiago, with a focus on the compliance with SDG4 goals, both in the use of indicators and in the development of conceptual frameworks.
- Contribute technically to subregional and national initiatives to follow up on educational goals linked to the SDG4-E2030 agenda, as well as to the Voluntary National Review reports presented by the LAC countries.
- Provide inputs and elaborate analyzes for publications, regional reports and information sheets of the Regional Bureau for Education based on quantitative evidence.
- Support the work carried out by the different teams of the Regional Bureau for Education and the other UNESCO Offices in Latin America and the Caribbean regarding data and information management.
- Serve as liaison with global and regional organizations responsible for data production for technical and methodological exchanges on issues related to quantitative information in education.
- Contribute to the regional work of OREALC/UNESCO Santiago on education management information systems (EMIS) in close collaboration with specialized UNESCO Institutes.
- Provide technical assistance to regional and subregional initiatives to develop indicator frameworks on specific educational issues.
- Identify, systematize, and promote innovations in the use of data for educational management in the region.
- Provide technical assistance at the regional and national level to education sector analysis initiatives.
- Contribute to national projects for the evaluation of education policies and programs, with specific support linked to the production and/or analysis of quantitative information.
- Contribute to the design, content, organization and execution of activities, resources and tools for capacity building linked to the systematization, production and/or analysis of education data and indicators.
- Contribute to the design and development of interactive visualizations of data focused in educational monitoring, through data processing and the use of Business Intelligence platforms.
The budget proposal in case of assignment of more than 6 months should include:
- Honorarium per month, full-time and home based
- Costs associated with the operational and logistic costs
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C)Communication (C)Innovation (C)Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)