The purpose of the Area Manager position is to ensure high quality and cost effective programme/project implementation within the designated geographical area.
The following is a brief description of the role.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Line management for senior project staff and support functions (and Field Office Coordinators) in the area
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide area specific input on CC strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Organize grants opening and closure meetings at area level
- Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Assess needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies
- Represent NRC and networking on area level
- Ensure that capacity building is provided to all staff in the area
- Ensure overall security and safety of staff in the area
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Mentoring and capacity-building of key staff with a view to facilitating Afghans assuming management positions within the area office in accordance with the Workforce Continuity Plan being implemented by the Country Office.
- In collaboration with the Security Manager, ensure that the Security Plan for the area is updated regularly
- Work closely with the Access Department to maintain current access in Hard to Reach areas, and to work towards increasing Hard to Reach areas on your area of operations.
Generic professional competencies for this position:**
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a Senior Project Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Previous work experience in Afghanistan
For the full job description click on the following link
What we offer:
- Type of contract:** 12 months’ employment contract, open to either national or international staff
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
- Duty station:** Flexibility of location within NRC Afghanistan Area Offices.
- Travel:** 25% across Area Offices
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.