Candidates for the UNDP YPP will be selected on a highly competitive basis. The key qualifications required for consideration will include:
- be under 30 years of age;
- have an academic qualification, as outlined in respective Terms of Reference completed not more than 2 years ago.
The candidates will be offered a Service Contract for a maximum 2 years, renewable each year. They will receive an "all-inclusive package " to cover living and travel costs. It is estimated that a total of 10 professionals will be recruited in 2020. Estimated start date would be 1st August 2020.
There is no guarantee for a further employment with UNDP after the assignment but the UNDP Malawi YPP program has an excellent reputation among development agencies and government institutions in the country. However, upon completion of the contract, it is expected that the incumbent would have acquired sufficient knowledge, skills and professional competences to pursue a rewarding career in any reputable international organization on a full-time contract basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English
- Commitment to the values of the United Nations
- Ability to work well in teams
- Creativity and innovative approach to work
- Strong multicultural skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and word packages
- Received a Master certificate with distinction or credit OR
- Held a leadership role while at University OR
- Received overseas scholarship to undertake studies (such as Fulbright, Chevening, ODA etc)
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year renewable to a maximum of 2 years