Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Global Solutions Ventures (GSV) — a joint-venture partnership between ZemiTek, LLC and Dexis Consulting Group — is seeking Inclusive Development Technical Advisors in support of upcoming work with the Inclusive Development Hub (ID) in the Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation (DDI) at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The ID Hub promotes a nondiscriminatory and integrated development approach that ensures that all people, including those who face discrimination and may have limited access to a country’s benefits, legal protections, and/or social participation, can fully participate in and benefit from development processes. The ID Hub helps groups across USAID analyze inclusive development issues in their country or sector; supports research on what works in promoting the empowerment and inclusion of marginalized groups and combatting stigma and discrimination; implements activities to improve the lives of the most at-risk populations; and provides technical assistance and oversight of activities related to all ID Hub technical areas.
To support the goals and mission of the ID Hub Dexis is seeking candidates to fill the position of Indigenous Peoples Rights and Inclusion Advisor. The Indigenous Peoples Rights and Inclusion Advisor will support the implementation of USAID’s policy on Promoting the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. Critical issues and programming may include territorial displacement, adverse impact of extractive industries, political exclusion and discrimination, forced labor, trafficking, and lack of access to economic opportunities.
This will be a full-time position based in Washington, DC and is contingent upon award.
- Providing technical advice on the feasibility, appropriateness, and value of proposed ID Hub activities or changes in activities.
- Supporting the technical aspects of intersectional, inclusive design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of ID Hub activities, including the design of acquisition and assistance awards.
- Providing advice to Missions and other Washington Operating Units on inclusive development strategies, best practices, and current research and evidence in ID Hub technical areas.
- Conducting intersectional analyses and inclusive development assessments that inform policies, strategic approaches, and Country Development and Cooperation (CDCS) other strategies.
- Supporting coordination with other donors, experts, civil society, and community organizations; and host governments in ID Hub technical areas.
- Provide expertise on inclusive development approaches, best practices, and strategies.
- Support Missions and Washington Operating Units in assessing the needs of, engaging with, and supporting the priorities and aspirations of marginalized and vulnerable groups around the world.
- Master’s degree or higher in social work, public policy, inclusive/intersection development, sociology, anthropology, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in indigenous peoples rights and inclusion.
- Prior experience with USAID or other donor-funded programs strongly preferred, including support to field missions.
- Experience working with, soliciting feedback from, and co-facilitating projects with individuals from the intended beneficiary population.
- Ability to ensure customer satisfaction including understanding client needs and maintaining a high level of communication and collaboration.
- Track record of developing and delivering technical solutions and high-quality work products on schedule.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills and experience in social/behavior change communication and comprehensive strategic communications to advance inclusive development mission and goals.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in data collection and using research to inform and impact decision and policy making.
- Ability to problem-solve, and work in a complex, fast-moving environment, particularly in challenging field locations.
- Currently holding a SECRET security clearance or ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
At Dexis Professional Services (DPS) we align ourselves with the core values of our parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis).
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.