Starting date: January 2022
Contract duration: 600 days
Country Programme: Iraq
Base: Baghdad, Iraq
About the PIN:
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive past experience and lessons learned across development, emergency and post emergency context to design, implement and monitor quality programming. PIN has been working in Iraq since 2011, providing early recovery and livelihood support to conflict affected communities. Programmes in Iraq focus mainly on Education, WASH, Climate change in addition to Early Recovery and Livelihoods activities. PIN´s Iraq humanitarian response annual turnover is over 5 million USD.
General Position summary:
TVET Expert plays a crucial role in implementing livelihood-focused intervention with aim to enable Iraqi youth to respond to the economic growth opportunities in agriculture and agri-value chains in Iraq by provision of skills required by the labour market and enhance the employability and entrepreneurship in the sector.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
Qualification and skills:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Education, Social Sciences, Economics, Agriculture.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of Arabic is considered as an asset.
General professional experience:
- At least 7 years postgraduate professional experience in fields related to the contract (e.g. Agriculture and Agri Value Chains, vocational training, educational standards, private sector development, labour market, and development cooperation).
- At least 5 years of professional experience in project management.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 8 years of professional experience in Vocational Education and Training (VET) and labour market.
- At least 4 years of experience in VET system analysis.
- Professional experience in fragile countries is considered as an asset.
- Professional experience in the energy sector is considered as an asset.
Please consider that the position is subjected to donor final project approval.