Expertise France – Expertise France (EF) is a French Public Agency focusing on implementation of international technical assistance under the coordination of the Agence Française de Dévelopement (AFD), the French Development Agency. EF aims at contributing to sustainable development based on solidarity and inclusiveness, mainly through enhancing the quality of public policies within the partner countries.
EF designs and implements cooperation projects addressing skills transfers between professionals. The agency also develops integrated offers, assembling public and private expertise in order to respond to the partner countries’ needs.
PPP program support- At the request of the Federal and Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in 2019, a technical assistance (TA) program was designed to support the implementation of the Ethiopian second Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP II) especially regarding the public-private partnership (PPP) reforms. The TA program is financed by AFD (the French Bank of Development).
Component 1 of the TA program aims at providing support to the Ethiopian PPP Unit, the PPP Directorate General, and the main Ethiopian Contracting Authority, Ethiopian Electrictric Power for the preparation and implementation of PPP projects through the mobilization of two long-term resident experts:
- 1 PPP advisor embedded to the PPPDG.
- 1 energy specialist embedded to EEP.
The support is going to be completed by the mobilization of short-term experts to provide technical assistance to the above-mentioned beneficiaries by a learning by doing methodology in their field of expertise.
Field of expertise needed – Expertise France is looking for experts in the field of the following area of expertise :
- legal in PPP
- financial and economic in PPP
- project planning in PPP
- expert clean power 1: grid connected solar pv.
- expert clean power 2: grid connected large wind
- geothermal: clean power (power/energy engineering)
- safeguards 1: environment and climate change
- safeguards 2: social and gender **Mission -
Assignments- The pre-selected short-term experts will be required to provide key technical support to the PPPDG or to EEP as follows:
- On ongoing PPP project of the pipeline ;
- On planned PPP Project (new projects).
- For each mission, the selected experts shall provide support to the beneficiaries’ through a learning by doing approach in order to build skills in professionally realistic situations and enable PPPDG and EEP to roll them out in autonomy and acquire a global 360° perspective on the subject and related issues
Tender process – Eight pools of short-experts will be created (one per above-mentioned area of expertise ) with the candidates who will be pre-selected during this call for tenders. Each candidate shall apply to the pool that corresponds to his field of expertise. The different pools of expertise, listed below, are divided in procurement lots. Each procurement lot will be awarded to several experts.
(i) Framework service contract per lot: Each expert who will be pre-selected through this tender will signed a framework service contract with Expertise France .
(ii) Subsequent contracts: Upon the occurrence of a requirement from Expertise France, the pre-selected candidates will be re-competed for a subsequent contract. The award criteria set out in the tender specifications will be based on:
– Technical criteria (candidate’s previous experiences with regard to the service needed);
– Logistical criteria (availability of the candidate).