- Liaise with the Head of CGS to coordinate OSSAP-SDGs subnational interventions
- Work with the Head of CGS to review and implement the CGS implementation manual
- Liaise with the Office of the Vice President/Special Adviser to the President on Social Investment to mainstream and mobilize funding for OSSAP-SDGs Social Protection Programmes
- Provide support to the Head of CGS to develop and implement strategies to effectively engage the sub-national governments and mainstream the SDGs into the State Development Plans
- Develop and Implements a Monitoring, Supervision and Evaluation Mechanism for CGS projects to ensure value for money
- Provide technical support in the design of new social protection programmes and strategies for implementation at the national levels.
- Liaise with other development partners on social protection and develop innovative programmes on social protection.
- Support efforts to improve learning systems and planning processes to ensure knowledge and evidence are fully utilized to improve existing social protection interventions, as well as inform policy and framework level decision making
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with key stakeholders, including from the MDAs, UN and donor communities to initiate, adapt or test new practices, approaches or methodologies with a view of improving the quality of social protection interventions.
- Liaise with key stakeholders on data analysis, impact evaluations and learning activities, identifying opportunities for the coordination of the publication and dissemination process of technical reports and other products on social protection.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with senior government officials, line ministries, project implementation units, international development partners and think tanks.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done
- Maintain a working knowledge of and assist in the interpretation of federal grant circulars including conditional grant scheme.
- Ability to interpret contracts, requirements, policies and procedures relating to grants, applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams, in complex organizations and ability to deliver quality results while meeting deadlines under shifting priorities.
- Must demonstrate personal initiative as well as the ability to work well in a team
- Ability to have extensive interaction with government officials, organization leaders, staff members and the public.
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- First Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Development and Law. A Master’s Degree with 04 years experience will be an added advantage.
- Seven years’ experience in Development Work
- Knowledge of SDGs issues at both national and sub-national government
- Demonstrated working experience with government institutions in Nigeria.
- Computer literacy skills
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Knowledge of at least on Nigerian language.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1year with possibility of extension