- Prepares Monthly report on activities, achievements and challenges submitted to OSSAP-SDGs and UNDP according to a pre-defined template as well as preparing Inception report on preliminary understanding and views of assigned task(s) with solutions proffered on the way forward detailing key policy priorities and overall roadmap for success.
- Ensure all the 17 SDGs have Desk Officers in OSSAP-SDGs and monitors their output to ensure service delivery.
- Work with the Head of Sectors and gives necessary technical and logistical support to ensure Task Team meetings hold regularly.
- Prepare Quarterly update on key progress indicators ensuring that all relevant information is adequately captured.
- Prepare annual report on activities, achievements, challenges and lessons learnt ensuring that these reports meet UNDP quality assurance levels.
- Proposes set of interventions as feedback from engaging with the process from the lesson learnt.
- Liaise with government officials, development partners on SDGs matters
- Support in the production of SDG progress reports and SDG knowledge products.
- Support Senior Technical Advisor in coordinating the entire international cooperation framework of the SDGs office; support in liaising with the line MDAs, the NBS and other relevant stakeholders to collate, analyze and disseminate data relevant to the SDGs.
- Support the Senior Technical Advisor in liaising with the MFBNP, the UNDP and other key stakeholders to ensure the integration of the SDGs into the National and State-level Development Plans, MTSS and Medium-Term Expenditure Framework
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work h demonstrated ability)
- Ability to persuade others to follow h demonstrated ability)
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done
- Ability to have extensive interaction with government officials, organization leaders, staff members and the public.
- The ability to understand what is most important to other partners like government and development partners.
- Ability to allows the analytical mind to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work with multiple partners as a team.
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Ability to support and manage various SDG programmes.
- Seven years’ experience in Development Work
- Knowledge of SDGs issues at both national and sub-national government.
- Demonstrated working experience with government institutions in Nigeria
- • Good written and oral communication skills in English
- • Knowledge of at least on Nigerian language
- Other: • Computer literacy skills
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1year with possibility of extension