CARE Deutschland e.V. stands for a long tradition of aid and partnership that started with the CARE Package. We are part of the CARE International confederation and work together with partners worldwide to alleviate poverty, create development opportunities and secure the dignity of all people. We are particularly committed to the participation of women and girls. CARE is non-partisan, non-denominational and dedicated to the humanitarian mandate.
CARE Germany is in the process of establishing a CARE country office in Libya. Initial assessments have been made, the registration process is scheduled to take place soon, and an initial funding opportunity for a health program focused on sexual and reproductive health is emerging. To lead the establishment of the office, CARE Deutschland is seeking a Start-up Manager, who can be based at CARE’s offices in Bonn, and Berlin or work remotely. Start date is as soon as possible but no later than September 2021 for a period of 6 months.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Registration in Libya
o Preparation and compilation of all relevant documents for the registration process
o Liaison with the Libyan law firm in charge of the registration
o Management of logistical and personnel requirements for the establishment of the office.
- Business Plan for a CARE Country Office in Libya
o Preparation of a 5-year cost and investment plan for a country office in Libya
o Analysis of funding possibilities for projects
o Development of a viable operational model
o Participatory development of the strategic-programmatic focus
- Proposal development with focus on sexual and reproductive health
o Provision of technical and administrative support and oversight of the ongoing needs assessment in Libya.
o Ensure the proposal development in accordance with donor guidelines and in close collaboration with our proposal development consultant for Libya.
o Revision and submission of the final proposal to the donor
- Staff and budget responsibility **
o Management of the CARE Deutschland representative for Libya **
o Management of the allocated budget, including expenditure analysis and reporting.**
This position will be supervised by CARE Deutschland’s Humanitarian Coordinator but will also report regularly to a group of CARE internal stakeholders. Travel to Libya and the region is anticipated.
Required qualifications and experiences:
· University degree in a relevant field (economics, sociology, politics, or similar).
· Several years of professional and management experience in development cooperation and/or humanitarian assistance in the context of crises and fragile states
· Experience with establishing and managing new offices in the NGO sector is desirable
· Willingness to take on a high level of responsibility and individual initiative
· Strategic, planning and financial competence
· Experience with German (BMZ, AA) and international donors (EU)
· Willingness to travel to Libya and the region on a regular basis, even at short notice
· Excellent English and Arabic language skills are essential, German language skills are an advantage