- Represent OSSAP-SDGs in all SDG matters both at national and international level.
- Lead in preparing annual work plans for the SDGs Office.
- Compile Quarterly and Annual SDGs progress reports.
- Draft policy documents, presentations, statements, speeches for OSSAP SDGs.
- Coordinate the entire international cooperation framework of the SDGs office; liaising with the line MDAs, the NBS and other relevant stakeholders to collate, analyze and disseminate data relevant to the SDGs.
- Liaise with the MFBNP, the UNDP and other key stakeholders to ensure the integration of the SDGs into the National and State-level Development Plans, MTSS and Medium-Term Expenditure Framework.
- Coordinate budget preparation process to ensure the DRGs are appropriated as agreed with the Paris Club.
- Undertakes capacity-building of national counterparts with respect to SDGs Mainstreaming into Policies, Plans and Budgets.
- Design new programmes and interventions for accelerating the SDGs at the national and sub-national levels.
- Identify and works with key partners/stakeholders to ensure synergies with other projects/initiatives and to avoid duplication of activities among actors.
- Coordinate the production of various reports including Voluntary National Reviews and SDG Progress Reports
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating SDGs implementation.
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up to date on partnership related issues
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders.
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up to date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities for advocating for UNDP’s mandate
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge.
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Development and Law. A Doctorate Degree will be an added advantage.
- Ten years’ experience in Development Work.
- Familiarity with SDGs mainstreaming principles and processes.
- Knowledge of SDGs issues at both national and sub-national government.
- Demonstrated working experience with government institutions in Nigeria.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of at least on Nigerian language.
*QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1year with possibility of extension