ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
The commitment of ACTED and that if our teams are guided by 4 core values:
- Responsibility: we ensure the efficient and responsible delivery of humanitarian aid with the means and the resources that have been entrusted to us.
- Impact: we are committed to having the most sustainable impact on the communities and the people with whom we engage.
- Enterprising-spirit: we are enterprising and engage in our work with a spirit that creates value and overcomes challenges.
- Inspiration: we strive to inspire all those around us through our vision, values, approaches, choices, practice, actions, and advocacy
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
Food Security Project Manager in Syria
- Food field team in KAJ area.
- Food Security Project Managers, Food Team, Food Safety Team, Senior IMO, Senior Food Safety Officer, Food Promoters, Head of Office, Food Safety Specialist, Logistics, AME, Accountability, HR, Admin, Finance and PR Team.
- Village Councils, Beneficiaries, Community Members,Vendors. **
the Senior Project Officer for Food Distribution will lead the food project in northwest Syria (Idleb area) and under supervision of Food Project Manager in Syria he/she will oversee and support the filed food team in all stages (assessments, registration, distribution, planning and monitoring). Ensure work done is carried out against agreed quality standards, and ensure the project stays within assigned schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervise the planning and implementation of all food distribution activities:
In coordination with the Field Food Security Project Officers, Project Assistants, and outreach workers ensure the safe and efficient distribution of food baskets/RTERs according to project standards.
Assist the Filed Food Security Project Manager in the planning and scheduling of all food field activities, with supervision from the Filed Food Security Project Manager and input from Emergency Food Team. **
Participate in the registration processes for the vulnerable households across the locations mentioned, and ensure all the information requested are in place.
In time of a rapid-onset emergency, assist the Filed Project Manager in rapid assessments, analysis, decision making, and response activities, including support to other sectors and teams. **
In coordination with Filed Food Security Manager, support initiatives to gather data, information, or feedback related to the program from various stakeholders. Contribute to tool and process design, implementation, reporting, analysis, and decision making.
In coordination with Field Food Security Manger ensure that all necessary preparations for distributions are completed, local councils notification, coordination with logistics team, and printing of distribution sheets.**
Coordinate with the logistics department and PR department to facilitate the implementation of the work plans according to its various stages.
Ensure that all teams traveling follow necessary safety protocols, including communication, road safety, and emergency supplies.**
Supervising the Food Distribution Teams in KAJ area and ensure that they have good understanding of how to set up a safe and efficient distribution, including site selection, communication to beneficiaries, and management of problems that may arise. **
Coordinate Reporting on Field Activities:
Participate in the overall efficient management of project information.
Provide internal reports with complete, verified information to Field Food Security Manager on time.
Ensure that all distribution records and daily distribution reports are properly filled out, signed, and filed.**
Share any concerns or recommendations related to the safety and efficiency of distributions or the overall effectiveness of the Food Security Program to the Field Food Security Manager.**
Supervision, Leadership and Teamwork:
In coordination with the Field Food Security Project Manager and Project Officers, promote a positive and effective working environment for all team members.
Ensure all Food Distribution Teams have a working understanding of the project, its goals, and objectives.**
Ensure al Food Distribution Teams understand and have access to their job descriptions.**
Ensure all Food Distribution Teams complete their appraisal, including professional development plans.**
Ensure all Food Distribution Teams are informed of any updates to project plans or approaches on a timely basis.**
Ensure all Food Distribution Teams are able to share their questions and recommendations related to the project openly with their supervisors, and that those questions and concerns are communicated to the Field Food Security Project Manager. **
Ensure all Food Distribution Teams are treating other team members, community members, and beneficiaries with respect and dignity.**
Work closely with procurement field team to deliver the tasks in a timely manner.
Support in developing the evaluation for the purchased items, and contracted services in the field.
Follow up with field food team to prepare the payments procedures and share with Field Project Manager in a timely manner.
Follow up with finance/logistics colleagues in the process of reviewing payments raised by field team.
Key Performance Indicators
- 95% of Planned monthly and weekly activities are implemented in time.
- 90 % of planned target of the project is achieved.
- Number of successful distributions activities performed in the field.
- Number of reports shared and submitted on time.
- Number of registrations, assessments procedures are conducted and supervised.
- Number of assessments, designs and reports has been reviewed, prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- 90% of requested information, inputs and documents ready on time.
- 100% of all team members understand all applicable regulations.
- 100% of the program documentation produced at the base level are reviewed, scanned and shared with Project Manager in timely manner.
- 90% of payments prepared on timely manner.
- 90% of safety and security measures for field team were followed.
- University degree in related field.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in relief programs especially Food Security in the modalities in-kind, voucher, and cash.
- Previous experience in project management.
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic.
- Good English language skills (written, speaking, and reading).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills for relationships with team members and local communities.
- Knowledge of office equipment, email and computer applications, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well in a team in difficult circumstance.
- Strong ability to effectively take and give direction.
- Previous experience in insecure environments.