At CSIS we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented groups
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of over 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The iDeas Lab, the award-winning creative and digital production department at CSIS, seeks a highly motivated and creative self-starter to join our dynamic and fast-paced environment as a Senior Multimedia Producer starting Summer 2022.The iDeas Lab enhances CSIS's policy research and analysis with the latest in cutting-edge web technologies, design, video, and audio. (You can see some of our latest at www.csis.org/programs/dracopoulos-ideas-lab). The multimedia producer will work closely with the department on creative projects that tell compelling public policy stories through video, partnering with some of the most respected foreign policy experts and researchers. The senior producer will also work with the department and our experts on a range of media-rich digital projects, including immersive digital reports. The position also supports other iDeas Lab efforts, including by generating new ideas, mentorship of other colleagues in the department, and executive education efforts.
This is an ideal opportunity for storytellers who are eager to bring complex policy issues to life across multiple platforms and who are innovation-driven. Beyond having strong experience with video and audio production, the successful candidate will possess exceptional animation and motion graphic skills and a keen interest in improving and developing these skills further. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess sharp news acumen, excellent writing/editorial skills, communication and organization skills, strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and innovative environment while meeting tight deadlines and be a team player while also having independent self-direction.
Applicants must be technically-savvy and highly competent with new and developing methods of visual storytelling and have experience with motion design, animation, data visualization, and traditional video production.
The salary for this position starts at $75,000 annually and is subject to change based on experience level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead, produce, and develop video projects from start to finish, including scripting, filming, editing, compiling, developing visual assets, animations and all other aspects of production for motion design and narrative storytelling videos; the position is responsible for advanced-level projects in particular.
• Lead, produce, and develop motion graphic or animation heavy video projects from start to finish.
• Generate, develop, and execute new ideas in video and multimedia production and for our digital work.
• Produce components for a range of media-rich digital projects, including immersive digital reports (in close collaboration with the department).
• Produce and support audio projects, including podcasts, from start to finish.
• Work closely with External Relations senior staff, research programs, and iDeas Lab staff to develop multimedia projects to suit stated goals and needs; communicating effectively with non-technical stakeholders is critical.
• Serve as a creative and knowledge mentor to more junior colleagues and support and mentor CSIS executive education efforts with multimedia components.
• Post and curate video content to CSIS website, other project sites when relevant, social media platforms, and other content-delivery networks (e.g. YouTube).
• Other duties and projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
• B.A./B.S/A.B. in relevant field
• Minimum four years of relevant experience, including previous multimedia, video and audio production experience.
• Strong knowledge and experience in applicable software and computer applications, including exceptional motion graphic skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Strong knowledge and experience in After Effects.
• Zest for challenging assignments, with an eye toward creative and innovative solutions.
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills; including effectively presenting information to non-technical partners, operating in a fast-paced environment and managing competing priorities.
• Strong attention to detail, initiative, and follow through skills.
• Strong interest in global affairs and public policy.
• Sound judgement, maturity, and discretion.
• Experience with 3D animation software such as Cinema 4D a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resumé, link to a portfolio website, and links to sample video work to at https://careers.csis.org. Finalists will be asked for references.