Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates with no UN or UNOPS experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
Selected experts will work in one or more of the following areas of specialization:
- Design and Conduct of Mediation, Facilitation and Dialogue Processes;
- Security Arrangements (emphasis on ceasefires);
- Gender and Inclusion;
- Climate Change and Natural Resources.
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21846
- Advanced university degree.
- A BA or first level degree with two additional years of experience is accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A technical degree or military degree with four additional years of experience is accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in fields related to promoting peace and conflict resolution - mediation, facilitation, dialogue (design) issues, academia (research and/or teaching), and/or related fields is required.
- Significant and prolonged field experience in conflict, post conflict or other transitional situations is an asset.
- A significant part of the ten years of professional experience overall being in particular in one or more of the thematic areas is an asset
- Direct experience in mediation, negotiations, facilitation, and dialogue situations, and/or experience in mediation advice to chief mediators, senior envoys, and/or conflict parties is an asset.
- Experience in delivering mediation capacity-building or training activities is an asset.
- Significant experience in engaging with civil society in peace processes is an asset.
- Working knowledge of oral and written English is required.
Working knowledge of at least one other official UN language is highly desirable, in particular Arabic and French.
Application materials must be submitted in English.
The cover letter may be submitted in French, accompanied by a translation in English.