The Role: Senior Business Analyst - Data and Analytics
Initially our focus will be on understanding our current state regarding data and analytics across the movement, defining the required future state and the requirements to move between the two. As input into this we will need to leverage best practice from inside and outside our sector as well as leverage internal and external experts in this area where required and available. The Senior Business Analyst will need to work in partnership with the Project Lead to develop the current, future state analysis and will lead the definition of the Business Requirements for the transformation effort as well as provide input to the demand and supply process in terms of the business and data requirements definition and impacting. A key input to this work will be to identify key data sources, locate the required data, analyse working with the wider project team and determining how this data answers / could answer key questions defined.
More broadly, the Senior Business Analyst will be accountable for delivering all business analysis work required for the Data and Analytics project throughout the lifecycle including (but not limited to) process mapping, financial analysis, data analysis and requirements gathering. It will be essential that this aligns with the standard Business Analysis and Architecture methodology and is based on relevant materials already created through other projects / initiatives. In addition to the transformation work we will also look to the Senior BA to support the process to assess and impact new data demand and guide the business in detailing requirements and mapping these requirements to appropriate solutions in partnership with the relevant IT and Business stakeholders.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Experience working with a standardised Business Analysis methodology and associated processes and tools
* Experience completing complex data analysis and translating this into clear and practical outputs that are repeatable where relevant
* Ability to understand and manage stakeholder requirements/drivers and project expectations
* Proven business requirements gathering and process/workflow analysis skills
* Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level
* Demonstrable ability to create Business Capabilities Models
* Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate/mediate; to facilitate the resolution of conflicting business requirements
* Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to support the creation of compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
* Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
* Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
* Proven experience in facilitating productive workshops, preferably in multi-cultural contexts
* Ability to effectively prioritise work and agree priorities with the Project Lead
* Demonstrates a strong work ethic and able to take the initiative and ownership to deliver value to the business
* Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
* Non-profit sector knowledge/experience (especially international development projects)
* Experience working on a project focused on operating model transformation
* Second language - French, Spanish or Arabic
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We are looking for candidates that are based in countries where Save the Children operates.
This role is a Mid-Senior Level and we can offer circa £53,000 per annum salary (if based in UK)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.