INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Safety and Security Assistant- Roving
Maiduguri (All Field)
Safety and Security Officer
General-purpose of the position
As part of the INTERSOS Security team, the role provides support in the implementation of INTERSOS’s Security Policies and Procedures and security plans within the Country Programme.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Liaise with local authorities, INTERSOS Staff and facilitate continuity of INTERSOS Programs
- Linking & networking with communities, individuals, organizations and to help ensure INTERSOS staff and assets’ security
- Assist Security Officer in staff safety and security matters and act as a backup security focal point.
- Ensure all vehicles equipped with updated fire extinguishers, first aid kits and INTERSOS emergency numbers,
- Ensure all cars seat belt are working and staff members are following the safety instruction;
- Regular travel to the field and can be deployed for a period of time.
- Monitor with Logistic team support the car movement and speed limit of the vehicles inINTERSOS.
- Coordinate staff movement in the field – with coordination of Security officer or SFP at the field base offices
- Minimum SSCE or ND/NCE.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in security-sensitive environments (Borno North East)
- Undergone formal or informal training in security Personal requirements
- Manages stress and complexity
- Actively promotes safety and security
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
- Knowledge of computer software MS, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent communication skills- English both oral and written,
- Languages o Ability to speak Local languages in Borno, North Eastern Nigerian (Kanuri a plus)
- Highly motivated, flexible, reliable and trustworthy.