The Afghanistan protection program is revising its approach to PSS interventions in Afghanistan. DRC Afghanistan is seeking technical support from a PSS Consultant to lead the development of a humanitarian protection PSS project that will provide non-specialized group PSS interventions. The consultant will develop and conduct a needs assessment, project design, and technical project tools including guidelines and SOPs. Based on the project tools, the consultant will develop a training package and will train teams ahead of roll-out for implementation. The consultant will also contribute to improving protection mainstreaming, by training emergency teams on basic PFA principles that they can incorporate into their work.
- Develop and conduct a PSS needs assessment.
- Design PSS intervention in line with the DRC Afghanistan strategy and humanitarian protection approach.
- Develop PSS toolkit, including but not limited to guidelines and SOPs.
- Develop a PSS training package on intervention, including guidelines and SOPs.
- Deliver PSS training to Protection (PSS) Officers in Jalalabad and Kandahar.
Develop and deliver PFA training targeted at Emergency Teams
Timeframe: 01 March 2020 for the duration of 40 Days.
Location: 20% Kabul; 40% Kandahar; 40% Jalalabad