ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are looking for a Repayment Operations Team Lead on the Field Operations team to oversee our micro-finance loan portfolio. You will create the annual repayment strategy and oversee its implementation throughout the year with the goal of increasing sustainability, scale and access to credit for Rwandan farmers. You will also manage our Mobile Money systems to implement cashless loan payments for our farmers. We have rapid scale goals, and ensuring a sustainable program through loan repayment is an important part of achieving the scale that we are aiming for. You will report to the Field Operations Execution Lead.
As Repayment Operations Team Lead, you will:
- Build our yearly repayment strategy to achieve 100% repayment of our micro-finance loan portfolio
- Conduct field research, develop new interventions and manage new trials to improve our repayment strategy
- Create postmortem reports at the end of each loan season to understand past performance
- Create contingency plans to maintain repayment performance in case of unforeseen circumstances and events
- Be a partner for organizational leadership, keeping them updated on repayment progress and working with them on development of strategy and contingency planning
Communication & Training
- Lead the Repayment Team in creating all repayment related training and materials for our field-based staff
- Ensure that the field team understands and is implementing the repayment strategy by working closely with the Execution Team
- Engage frequently with the Regional Leads and Field Directors to communicate strategy, gather feedback and understand the situation in the field
- Manage ~3 staff members on the Repayment Team with weekly check ins, career reviews and professional development
- Work through your Repayment Team to implement the repayment strategy. This includes delivery of repayment incentives, sending SMS communications, responding to call center inquiries and other similar tasks
- Manage the weekly Repayment Dashboard to communicate performance and goals
- Manage our Mobile Money systems: projects include improving farmer adoption, network coverage, float, site expansion and building strong relationships with your counterparts at Rwandan telecommunications
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll help shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for professionals with 3 to 5+ years of work experience and a passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experience at similar organizations. A background in micro-finance, mobile money, or loan management is preferred
- Experience in a field operations / implementation role is strongly preferred
- Able to analyze data in Excel (can perform complex functions) and clearly communicate findings. Experience in STATA, R or another statistical package is preferred
- Good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- Working knowledge of Kinyarwanda is required, strong oral and written English is preferred
- Willingness to be based in Rubengera for the length of the contract
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Determined by experience
Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No*;* Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.