This opportunity can be based in Jordan or Lebanon.
IRC is seeking a Regional Research Lead for the Syria Region (which covers Jordan, Lebanon and Syria) for the DFID-funded 6-year Education Research in Conflict and Protracted Crisis (ERICC) programme. ERICC will operate in Myanmar, Nigeria, Jordan, Lebanon, South Sudan and Syria.
This is a full-time role and can be Jordan or Lebanon based. The position is contingent on the IRC being awarded funding and is anticipated to begin in the Spring of 2021, at the earliest.
The ERICC programme will consist of the following components:
•Component 1: Research on the most effective approaches to education delivery in conflict and protracted crisis. This includes setting the overall research design and developing a research framework that will include a set of overall research questions that will address the key evidence gaps in the field and help to inform programming for education in conflict and protracted crises. The delivery of the research itself is also a major element of Component 1.
•Component 2: In-country operational support. This includes:
· Expert Technical Advice delivered through a demand-driven call-down mechanism in ERICC focal countries. Operational support will be provided either directly to DFID country offices, DFID-funded programmes, implementation partners, or in-country partners
· Small scale research: support to DFID country offices, implementation partners and in-country outside of the ERICC focal countries to assist in the design, development and adaptation of education programmes
· Programme scale up and strengthening grants: a fund that can be utilized by DFID country offices and implementing partners to support the cost of adapting education programmes in line with recommendations on how to improve their delivery of outcomes that emerge from expert technical advice delivered under Component 2
· Provide strategic and technical leadership and direction, define and implement ERICC activities in the Syria Region to achieve project goals and objectives
· Oversees the development of a coherent country and/or regional research agenda and workplan
· Acts as the face of the ERICC programme in the Syria Region and substantively engages with a range of stakeholders
· Maintains active and cooperative relationships with all key stakeholders, including government officials, other Syria region partners, other implementing agencies, and related institutions
· Undertakes strong and robust engagement with DFID and national government as well as other key national & regional stakeholders
· Supervises a team of Syria Region Research Managers and closely collaborates with Principal Investigators, programme partners, and the ERICC Programme Director to ensure that studies are on track and are of high quality
· Ensures implementation of projects & technical support as selected under Component 2
· Represent the project in the Syria Region to ensure uptake of evidence. Communicate on project achievements and lesson learned
· Support all ERICC staff working in the Syria Region by creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes teamwork, trust, mutual respect, and empowers staff to take responsibility