Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
This role has a regional focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the whole regional area. The role contributes to the development of regional strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing activities with regional scope.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical supervision of 6 Country HR Managers
- Applying HR Rightsizing to region, and supporting management with implementation
- Support to regional / country organizational structure / design, following global principles
- Develop regional HR Capacity in countries to deliver DRC's MOPs, and provide business driven HR support
- Contextualize, as needed, global training materials to the region
- Localize Global RR Policy to region
- Seek regional solutions to economize on insurances and the provision of psychosocial support, where possible Min Standards for National Field Staff, including insurances and provisions for localized psychosocial support
- When necessary, localize global and/or regional policies
- Supporting the roll-out of global HR Systems in country, including DRC Dynamics, HR Manager, HR forms, other systems that are globally agreed
- Ensuring that all countries in the region have rolled out global and/or regional HR policies and procedures, training, etc. and providing roll-out support to countries that may lack in country capacity
- Second line of defense, supporting countries with compliance
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 3-5 years' working experience in Human Resources within an NGO
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge/experience of Human Resources Management principles, concepts & processes
- Extensive knowledge on local labor law
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues
- Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies, and driving implementation
- Experience using an online system for recruitments
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Master's degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or Social Science
- English (fluent)
- Arabic (preferred)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: Till December 31, 2021
Band: Non-Management – Band F
Location: Amman - Jordan
Start date: ASAP – mid March 2020