About the job
The overall purpose of the role: The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for strategic leadership, technical guidance, and management of the Quality Assurance portfolio. The purpose of the position is to lead a team of four (4) to develop systems and tools for efficient grant management, M&E and reporting; and ensure a coordinated approach to risk-management in cooperation with the finance department.
· Provide strategic leadership and management oversight of the DRC Nigeria Quality Assurance department, with a portfolio including grants management, programme quality, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and information management;
· Line manage and provide technical support to the Reporting & Communications Specialist, MEAL Coordinator and the Grants Officer;
· In coordination with the DRC/DDG Head of Programmes, Technical Sector Coordinators and Area managers ensure high quality and evidence-based programme design and proposal development, monitoring and evaluation, and learning processes are streamlined throughout the country mission;
· Support the Country Director and Heads of Programmes to identify fundraising opportunities and take responsibility for timely submission of all concept notes and proposals;
· Systematize DRC Nigeria M&E and ensure project specific M&E is establishing, for the ease of reporting, and programme accountability;
· Develop and maintain processes for grant and contract management; ensuring they remain applicable to current donor requirements;
· Ensure timely compliance with all internal and external grants management requirements, including contractual compliance and reporting;
· Proactively manage grant and contract performance, working with Programme and Support colleagues in identifying risks and minimize them;
· Liaise with relevant DRC West Africa Regional Office and HQ counterparts responsible for programme design, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation;
· Coordinate and provide timely reporting and feedback to the Head of Programmes, Country Director and SMT on Quality Assurance unit activities.
· Relevant advanced university degree
· Five years of professional experience in humanitarian emergency contexts with PDQA responsibilities, preferable to have at least two years of experience at senior management level;
· Knowledge and experience working protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction;
· Proven ability to lead a high performing and diverse team, manage performance, foster a positive working environment and manage issues sensitively and diplomatically;
· Extensive knowledge of US and European institutional donors and their compliance requirements with proven experience of developing successful funding proposals and overseeing large complex grants;
· Excellent understanding of the principles of budgeting, financial and contract management;
· Outcome focused and proven ability to think strategically and plan, prioritize and organize a department/team’s work to meet organization-wide strategic objectives;
· Excellent influencing, presentation and communication skills including verbal and written English, active listening and the ability to tailor communication to different audiences;
As a person you have the ability to live and work in an insecure and high stress environment, and you will demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies in everything you do:
*Striving for excellence:** You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
*Collaborating:** You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
*Taking the lead:** You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
*Communicating:** You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
*Demonstrating integrity:** You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length:12 months
Start date: ASAP
Duty Station: Yola, Nigeria with regular travel to DRC Nigeria bases in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states and deep field locations
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must submit a short cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications must be sent via our online recruitment system by clicking on the below ‘Apply’ button. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Please submit your application no later than Feb 29th 2020.
NB: Due to the urgency of this role, kindly note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis.
If you have general questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact our job support at drc.ngo/jobsupport. For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please visit our website drc.ngo.