Title: PSP HR/Admin Intern**
Vacancy No: CPH/VN/2022/001**
Duty Station: Copenhagen, Denmark**
Duration: Six months (possibility of 2 months extension)**
Contract Type: Internship**
Expected Start Date: February 2022
Closing Date of Applications: 23 January 2022 Midnight CET
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a PSP HR/Admin Internship within the PSP HR Unit in our Copenhagen Headquarters in Denmark.
UNHCR is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. We are in over 130 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions of people.
The Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) sits within UNHCR’S Division of External Relations (DER) and is responsible for mobilizing resources from the private sector for refugees. UNHCR developed a 1$ billion Private Sector Fundraising Strategy 2018-2025. This strategy focuses on both Individual Giving and Private Partnerships and Philanthropy (PPH) and identifies priority fundraising markets and regions.
The internship will be within the PSP HR Unit, which serves teams both in Copenhagen and worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive team player, with a strong interest in Human Resources and administration who enjoys routine tasks.
Under the overall supervision of the HR Associate, the HR/Admin Intern will focus on the following tasks:
• Provide assistance with the preparation of purchase orders on UNHCR’s ERP system.
• Ensure accurate update of relevant records and databases related to the administration of the affiliate workforce for PSP worldwide while maintaining tact and confidentiality.
• Handle the filing of organizational documents, records, and reports.
• Support in reviewing and analyzing databases in order to process monthly invoices for all sections and regions.
• Coordinate with PSP’s Focal Points globally to ensure the accuracy of the monthly invoices.
• Support PSP HR colleagues with the interview logistics and other related administrative processes.
• Complete the longlisting process of UNOPS ICA, Individual Contractors, Consultancy and/or Internships applications.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with PSP colleagues globally as well as with other colleagues within and outside UNHCR.
• Perform any other Admin/HR tasks as required
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a recent graduate (completed studies within one year at start date) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme (Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field) from a university or higher education.
• Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
• Ability to work independently and with high attention to details.
• Demonstrated effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
• Interest in working with routine and administrative tasks
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines.
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally.
• Demonstrated excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
· Be a recent graduate (those persons who completed their studies within one year of applying) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO.
· Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to work of the Organization.
· An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.
Location and Conditions
The successful candidate will be based with the team in the UN City in Copenhagen, Denmark. The internship is a six-month full-time role with 40 working hours per week, from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. The start date is to be determined in accordance with the measures adopted by the Danish government and the guidance of UNHCR regarding the COVID-19 situation. Depending on the circumstances, there is a possibility the successful candidate will perform certain duties remotely and/or from home.
Obtaining and renewing current visas and residence permits including all associated costs, are the responsibility of the intern. Please note that the terms of internship, as defined by UNHCR practice, include the payment of a Food and Local Transportation Allowance (FLTA). In case the intern is sponsored by another source during the internship this will be deducted from the FLTA.