The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate is to promote and protect durable solutions to conflict and displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 250 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2022 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
DRC is currently looking for Protection Officer to join our team in Poltava.
Overall purpose of the role:
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by DRC
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities
Protection monitoring, identification of protection concerns and facilitation access to services through the referral system to the beneficiaries; Individual protection assistance, support and , sexual and gender-based violence prevention, awareness-raising, advocacy for the rights of displaced persons in their context of displacement.
Geographic scope: Poltava
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations. Includes travel to Dnipropetrovks, Poltava and Kharkhiv or according to the need in East Ukraine, The position will be based in Poltava
Programming & Operations
- In close coordination with the Protection manager, Team leader and legal protection officers, ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan;
- Implementation of protection activities in accordance with the agreed objectives;
- Carry out Protection monitoring, data collection and documenting the needs of the persons of concern;
- Participate in awareness raising sessions and information campaigns of the persons of concern;
- Participate in joint assessments, identifying protection concerns and reporting;
- Support mapping of services and development of effective referral pathways;
- Identify, conduct and follow up referral;
- Ensure adequate and relevant data collection;
- Deliver reporting as required;
- Conduct interviews with beneficiaries, focus group discussions and Conduction of key‐informant interviews, and drafting of the relevant reports or any other protection activities of the program;
- Regular reporting to the Protection manager and Team leader of the activities planned and implemented.
Any other duties as may be assigned by the Protection manager, relevant to the achievement of protection objectives
Coordination and representation
📚 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗝𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗶𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯! 🌍🤝 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗨𝗡𝗛𝗖𝗥, 𝗪𝗙𝗣, 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗖𝗘𝗙, 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗦𝗦, 𝗨𝗡𝗙𝗣𝗔, 𝗜𝗢𝗠 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀! 🌐
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues;
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings;
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors.
- Develop project plans;
- Contributing to the program tools development;
- Project implementation and reporting.
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up;
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas;
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution;
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
Required experience and competencias:
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO Field experience;
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- English proficiency;
- Fluency in local language Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures;
- High professional ethics.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes;
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback;
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation;
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly;
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Relevant university degree (e.g. political science, international development, or economics) or equivalent professional qualification.
Contract length: 6 months (January 2023 with possibility of extension based on successful probation period and available funding)
Designation of Duty Stations: Poltava
Start date: As soon as possible.
Number of staff : 1 positions
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 7th August 2022