OBJECTIVE OF THE OFFICE/DEPARTMENT
This requisition is for employment at the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)/Regional Office of the World Health Organization (WHO)
The Office of the Assistant Director (AD) supports the PAHO Director with fulfillment of the Organization’s mission, as well as the achievement of the PAHO Strategic Plan. The Office also provides leadership and good governance for public health in the Americas and in the other regions of World Health Organization (WHO). The Office of the Assistant Director is comprised by five Departments, one Special Program and one Office: Communicable Diseases and Environmental Determinants of Health (CDE), Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health (NMH), Health Systems and Services (HSS), Family, Health Promotion and Life Course (FPL) and the Evidence and Intelligence for Action in Health (EIH).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the Project Management Advisor and the general guidance of the Assistant Director (AD), the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
- Provide support for the monitoring and coordination of the Improved Health of Women and Adolescent Girls in Situations of Vulnerability Project, a cooperation agreement between the Government of Canada’s Department of Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO);
- Participate in the preparation of the Biennial Work Plans (BWP), project work plans and budget development, including budget assignment and coordination with PBE, as needed;
- Provide support and monitor to ensure the timely execution of project funds in collaboration with country and Headquarter entities involved in the project;
- Support project implementation monitoring and analysis and contribute inputs for the submission of financial and programmatic progress reports in accordance with donor agreement; assist in coordinating and drafting donor reports;
- Provide administrative support in the organization of project meetings, both in-person and virtual, including liaising with participants, coordinating logistical aspects, preparing meeting related documentation, and other tasks, as required;
- Provide support for the internal communications and knowledge management aspects of the project;
- Support the AD’s Office in preparing tables, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, presentations and reports from consolidated information from different subject matters and sources (financial, list of SAG topics, travel plans, audit recommendations, human resources requirements, briefing books etc) related to the entities under AD’s Office;
- Follow up on information requests for technical inputs with the respective entities under the AD’s Office;
- Provide administrative support to other Projects in the AD’s Office, including the participation in the development of work plans and assignment of funding managed by the AD’s Office;
- Organize, establish and follow up the working groups and task forces including elaboration of terms of reference, minutes and key action points;
- Maintain all technical documentation in their respective sharefolders in the intranet and OneDrive;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Essential: A bachelor’s degree in one of the health, social or management sciences, international relations or in any other area related to the functions of the post, from a recognized university.
Desirable: Proven training in developing content across a range of formats especially Excel for expert and general audiences would be an asset.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO, only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. PAHO will also use the databases of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation http://www.chea.org/search/default.asp and College Navigator, found on the website of the National Centre for Educational Statistics, https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator to support the validation process.
Essential: Three years of combined national and international experience working in international development programs involving multiple stakeholders; experience should include development of programmatic analysis and planning of health programs.
Desirable: Additional experience in supporting the management of voluntary contributions projects among different budget centers.