Position Title : Project Officer (Quality Control Monitoring)
Duty Station: Beirut, Lebanon
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 16 July 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
Candidates from the following non-represented member states: Antigua and Barbuda; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People's Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the direct programmatic supervision of the Programme Coordinator Family Assistance Programme (FAP) in Istanbul, Turkey, and the administrative supervision of the Head of Office in Beirut, and in close coordination with the IBM Information Management and Communications Technology (IMCT) (HQ) Officer at headquarters, the successful candidate will be based in Beirut, Lebanon, and will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day quality control and monitoring activities, while ensuring the quality assurance process and compliance with IOM’s data protection and migrant protection policies in all FAP locations based on the project requirements.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In close cooperation with the FAP Management Team, support the effective and timely implementation of the guidelines and the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the subsidiary protection caseload, identify the procedures that can be improved upon and advise the appropriate measures to ensure effective, rights-based and timely implementation.
Oversee the daily activities of the quality control assistants, ensure that the questionnaires filed with visa applications are accurate and meet the project requirements and carry out regular spot checks in order to monitor the accuracy and the timeliness of data entry activities on the FAP internal software. Report in a timely manner, any quality issues to Project Coordinator and recommend effective mitigation measures.
Provide training and review of Quality Control (QC) staff feedback. Provide capacity building support for staff to promote enhanced knowledge and application of the guidelines and the SOPs, in order to implement operations efficiently and effectively.
Support and assist in the timely preparation and accurate compilation of FAP reports, briefings, identify gaps, and provide narratives and statistical reporting as required by the IOM FAP Management Team, provide the field offices Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework inputs timely in coordination with IBM IMCT officer.
Maintain and ensure confidentiality on all FAP-related matters, and compliance with the Rights-Based Approach, in accordance with relevant guidelines and instructions. Assist to identify the means to ensure and maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality and data protection, consistent and complying with IOM Standards of Conduct and IOM’s Data Protection Principles, and follow-up on data security issues in close coordination with the FAP Management Team.
Support and assist the FAP Programme Coordinator and IMCT HQ Officer to implement fraud mitigation measures to prevent malfeasance, monitoring the integrity of records containing beneficiary data, staging and required Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) framework implementation and reports.
Contribute to capacity building efforts to FAP staff through training, mentorship, and sharing of information to ensure a smooth workflow and principled assistance through FAP centres.
Support the Programme Coordinator with day-to-day operations, when required, in close coordination with the Team Leaders, support in change management process and ISO documentations in close coordination with IBM IMCT officer.
Undertake monitoring visits to FAP centres in support of operations, trainings and meetings as requested by the FAP Project Coordinator.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Management, International Relations, Social Sciences, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Knowledge of quality control and monitoring and evaluation;
• Experience in training design and delivery;
• Knowledge or experience on regional issues;
• Knowledge or experience in general Protection, including protection monitoring, and case management an advantage;
• Minimum two years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity;
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint. Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CRM;
• Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage;
• Knowledge in IOM M&E framework.
• Excellent communication and reporting skills.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English and Arabic is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.