Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Project Officer - Maternity Cover. This position plays a critical role in ensuring effective implementation of immunization project funded by Pfizer at county level and expand our efforts to increase access to, and the quality and use of, immunization services for vulnerable populations in both urban slums of Nairobi. The role holder is accountable for contributing in the planning, execution, and monitoring of the REC strategy in the project targeted counties. S/he will work closely with CHMTs / SCHMT and is further expected to facilitate training of health workers and promotion of social behavior change strategies to strengthen community acceptance. The role holder will collaborate with the project coordinator in the preparation of detailed implementation plans and procurement plans, and contribute to technical reports including donor reports. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in nursing or relevant health sciences.
- At least three years' work experience in RMNCAH related work.
- Understanding of community engagement and community mobilisation.
- Excellent understanding of DQAs and KHIS.
- Experience of working with CHMTs and SCHMTs in devolved system.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach local staff and community workers.
- Experience in implementing child health and immunization interventions in hard to reach populations
- Experience in rolling out social behaviour change strategy in vulnerable populations
- Up-to-date knowledge on KEPI; routine immunization, REC approach, SIAs, supportive supervision and quality improvement systems.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with children and their carers
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field
- Strong report writing and computer skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at .
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.