The Knowledge Management Officer (KMO) is responsible for successful organization and implementation of project activities in the field, communication and coordination with project stakeholders regarding given area of responsibility. The Knowledge Management Officer reports directly to Project Manager. Knowledge and Management Officer and will work in close cooperation with Markets Development Officer, MEAL Coordinator and Communication and Advocacy Officer.
Job purpose: The position is directly responsible for delivering activities related to development and conduct of promotional campaigns on renewable energy solutions and facilitate gathering and dissemination of lessons learned and good practices. In particular this will include organization of thematic workshops, exchange visits, implementation of feedback and report mechanism, thematic conferences and preparation of publications and communication materials. The person will contribute to cross-learning activities, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and the learning framework of the project.
The post is based in Mondragon, Northern Samar with frequent visits within the Province and occasional travels to Manila and other field offices. The position is for one (1) year, with the possibility of extension.
Reporting Relations & Interdependencies with Other Functions
The post is directly supervised by the Project Manager with close coordination with the Markets Development Officer, Communications and Advocacy Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator and Project Partners staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the development, coordination and implementation of the Knowledge Management Strategy and Action Plan for the project.
- Coordinating cross-learning and sharing lessons with partners, donors, civil society and other stakeholders through innovative knowledge sharing activities. This will be done through activities such as FGDs, knowledge exchange, dialogues, symposiums, and engaging or partnering with relevant local, national and global knowledge networks.
- Lead the production and dissemination of knowledge and learning products, capturing lessons at the thematic, portfolio and project/programme levels, in coordination and collaboration with the communications and partner’s project team. This includes preparation of studies/reports (i.e. business model manual, market system approach manual, workshops, case studies/documentaries, knowledge notes/infographics) and may involve guidance of the work of consultants, and managing review and publication processes, as well as providing support and input to activities led by partners.
- Work closely with partner’s project teams to deliver a joint work program, embedding knowledge management activities in their core work plans, and capturing synergies between the knowledge management, communications, monitoring and evaluation work streams as part of the Knowledge Management Strategy.
- Develop and manage innovative approaches to strengthen learning and knowledge sharing among beneficiaries, government stakeholders, community based organizations and other stakeholders supporting, when possible, the development of communities of practice. Work closely with project teams and to define learning priorities and design activities and follow-up actions accordingly.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- University degree in Social science, Communications, Community Development, Network Facilitation or related fields
- At least three years’ professional experience in the field of knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation and/or communications. Ideally working both with government and in the international development sector with development partner funded programs or international NGOs.
- Knowledge of English and Waray is a requirement
- Experience in working with community and community mobilization
- Strong networking skills
- Experience organizing and coordinating public events, stakeholder consultations, and/or learning events.
- Experience maintaining information products and communications materials in a systematic way.