- Coordinates project management and operations in close coordination with CSM and its Steering Committee, including activities related to work planning, implementation;
- Leads monitoring of overall implementation based on programmatic indicators, as well as on corporate reporting and evaluation requirements;
- Develops guidelines, templates and formats for development and implementation of project management with a focus on financial and budgetary needs through all phases of the project;
- Assures budget planning and funds management, including through ATLAS and the timely submission of programme/project proposals and submissions, progress reports etc.) and prepares related documents/reports for CSM;
- Implements quality assurance to downstream activities through management of consultants/knowledge generation, monitoring of project workplan milestones, budget formulation and advises on strategy for project plans and deliverables;
- Facilitates consultations and support for programme/project preparation and submissions;
- Assists in drafting sections of reports and studies, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of assessments or other background research activities and studies;
- Manages day-to-day coordination and correspondence for CSM with internal UNDP units, finance, procurement etc.;
- Performs other assignments, in collaboration with partners;
- Supports partnerships and resource mobilization strategies;
- Supports delivery of project deliverables and other duties as required.
- Coordinates and contributes to the design process together with CSM team, ensures the quality control of knowledge products through review/consultation, and consultant management;
- Designs and maintains an up-to-date library of knowledge related to the thematic area and proactively share documents with team members and respond to their specific requests for information;
- Manages UN Communities of Practice on Climate and Security and other knowledge platform and network related activities;
- Contributes to the development and review of knowledge products in close coordination with CSM and partners by analyzing and sharing lessons learnt including programme evaluation results;
- Contributes to collation of experience, knowledge and policy development, identifies and formulates lessons learnt and recommendations to be integrated into broader knowledge management efforts.
- Provides substantive advocacy support to CSM project through the formulation and management of workshops and multi-partner consultations in coordination with partners, including preparing agendas, identifying participants, preparation of documents, presentations, logistics, meeting minutes etc.;
- Prepares media and communications products (articles, stories, press releases, reports, human-interest stories, social media, inputs to publications etc.);
- Support the preparation of donor briefs, presentations, progress overviews and snapshots based on monitoring reports;
- Coordinates and supports the editing, design and publication of knowledge and advocacy products;
- Support distribution and dissemination of relevant knowledge products; plan, develop and launch campaigns and roll-out strategies.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Ability to persuade others to follow.
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
- Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
- Ability to capture develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge.
- Ability to manage and coordinate campaigns and people with inspiration;
- Believe in and promote diversity in the workplace and reshaping the workforce to meet need.
- Knowledge of conflict analisys and risk asessment concepts and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, development studies, conflict studies, international relations, political science or related field;
- A first level university degree in combination with at least 7 years’ related experience with 2 years relevant field experience, may be considered for the post provided all other selection criteria have been met.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and/or programme management and communication for UN, government, and/or bilateral/multilateral organizations;
- Excellent all-round knowledge of the UN system, in particular its international development/climate change AND its peace and security work;
- Demonstrated capacity to strongly promote knowledge sharing and knowledge products and systems to provide advocacy, outreach and capacity development on knowledge management systems;
- Familiarity with knowledge management, including communities of practice, social media, and current communication technologies;
- Proven ability to produce high-quality knowledge products in a timely manner while understanding and anticipating the evolving client and project needs, and experience in consultation processes;
- Ability to translate climate security information into policy and practical guidance for a non-technical audience;
- Excellent drafting skills in English;
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating consultative processes.
- Proficiency in English;
- Working knowledge of other UN language desirable
- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension