Summary of Key Functions:
- Regional Programme Resources Management and support to project implementations;
- Implementation of resource mobilization strategy and effective donor reporting;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, guidance to all stakeholders on financial matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure effective Regional Programme Resources Management and project implementation, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Effective regional programme budget management and expenditure control as well as resource planning. Preparation and monitoring of integrated annual work plan, continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situations, and presentation of forecasts and variance for the regional programme;
- Regularly monitor the Regional Programme delivery. Produce financial reports to project managers and Regional Programme Coordinator on all regional projects, including where the revenue was transferred to the COs;
- Facilitate closures of projects, providing technical advice on clearances of open items;
- Support project teams in creating new projects in Atlas, GMS set up and managing budget revisions in line with approved AWPs/ProDocs;
- Provide technical advice and coordination support to Regional Programme Coordinator and Regional Programme Management Specialist in reviewing and setting up quarterly and annual delivery targets;
- Facilitate revenue transfers to COs and responsible parties that implement activities and, in close collaboration with the finance unit, inform the respective COs and responsible parties;
- Provision of technical support to project managers and coordination support to Regional Programme Coordinator in relation to PQA/Transparency;
- Provide coordination support to regional project audits and evaluations including the attendant follow up after these activities;
- Support HACT implementation for regional projects including the assurance activities in collaboration with other COs on behalf of RSCA, as per HACT guidelines;
- Support training of partners and project managers, as applicable, on utilization of NIM/NGO advances and FACE forms;
- Monitor quarterly financial reports and follow up with project managers on aging and clearances.
2. Support implementation of resource mobilization strategy and effective donor reporting focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Quality assure and finalize all co-financing agreements in consultation with the project managers and Regional Programme Coordinator and Programme Management Specialist;
- Quality assure the proposals submitted to the donors, ensuring the budgeting is in line with UNDP costing and cost recovery policies;
- Provide advice on donor financial reporting and provide quality assurance for substantive reports;
- Quality assurance for timely and quality donor reporting. Coordination of donor reporting (financial and narrative) in a timely manner;
- Maintain donor reporting database and advise to programme and project staff on different donor reporting requirements; monitoring of financial reports to be submitted to donors;
- Follow up on outstanding contributions with partners;
- Track expiration of agreements and facilitate timely extension of agreements if required.
3. Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, guidance to all stakeholders on financial matters focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Advise to project staff on UNDP administrative and NIM reporting, in particular, on budgetary issues;
- Organize/conduct training for the operations/project/programme staff on programme management issues;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices on programme issues
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Demonstrate integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes UNDP’s vision, mission, and strategic goals;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking;
- Communication and networking;
- Planning, organizing and Monitoring work.
- Master’s degree in Accounting and Finance, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in providing management advisory services, programme support, and/or grants and contacts administration related fields;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience working within UN agencies is desirable. Knowledge of Atlas is a requirement.
- Proficiency in English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension