- Supports the Programme Officer in the planning, implementation and management of different CSO and Government partners implementing the HIV/AIDS programme
- Prepares correspondence, reports, presentations and other written materials from oral instructions and written communication
- Supports the coordination of review meetings with CSO and Government partners
- Supports the preparation of information for annual audit, annual and quarterly programmatic reports of the grant as well as end-of-grant reports.
- Supports the Programme Officer (HIV/AIDS) to track the implementation of the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) including support to CSO and Government SRs and SSRs to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual workplans based on the DIP and monitor the timely implementation of the activities
- Undertakes field visits to CSO and Government partners to provide support and supervision as part of capacity building
- Undertakes spot checks on approved training plans for CSO and Government partners to ensure compliance, support the maintenance of a training database and participate in the assessment of the effectiveness of the trainings
- Supports the review of quarterly and other reports submitted by CSO and Government SRs, document observations noted in the review, provide feedback to the partners, and follow up to ensure their implementation
- Participates in the development of appropriate data collection tools and M&E templates for the CSO and Government partners
- Supports CSO and Government partners to develop work plans and budgets, as well as prepare quarterly and annual reports for tracking program expenditures and performance.
- Assists in responding to general inquiries from GFATM and LFA on both programme and M&E issues for CSO and Government partners in the grant.
- Ensures the creation of requisitions in Atlas for all travel and procurement planned under the project for the CSO and Government partners in the grant.
- Maintains the filing system to ensure safekeeping of confidential materials and proper record keeping for the CSO and Government partners in the grant.
- Analyses information on implementing partners and preparation of implementing partners’ profile and database for CSO and Government partners in the grant.
- Supports the Programme Officer HIV/AIDS in the organization of meetings with CSo and Government implementing partners in the grant.
- Assists in the development of materials for meetings, presentations, and workshops.
- Assists in the compilation, analysis, and summarizing programme CSO and Government partners data and generate the required charts and tables to inform decision making,
- Performs other tasks as required
- Support Organization in trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Identify and formulate lessons learned and document best practices from evaluations and studies to be integrated into project reports
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political or Social Sciences.
- 7 years of relevant experience in HIV/AIDS is required and usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Previous CSO and Government service provision experience would be an added advantage.
- Strong writing, interpersonal and oral communication skills are important since the program associate must interact with personnel at all levels within the partners.
- Previous UNDP/GF experience would be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English with good verbal and written skills. Knowledge of the national languages would be an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months renewable