- Support to formulation of programme strategies and the Country Programme Action Plan
- Support to management of the CO programme
- Administrative support to the Project
- Maintain and regularly update all requisite financial records on the Project.
- Support to resource mobilization
- Provide inputs to the implementation of procurement management policies and strategies on cost saving and reduction;
- Implement procurement management policies and strategies;
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies;
- Support processing of payments as required to IPs, clients, etc. on the Project
- Maintain proper filing and documentation of financial, administrative and programmatic documents on the Project
- Support the rollout of the of e-procurement and e-travel functions.
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Analysis, researches, summary and presentation of basic information/data on specific finance related activities on the project;
- Preparation for project finance documents and submission to relevant parties for approval by relevant parties;
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for Programmes/ projects;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services, as necessary;
- Timely processing of vendor creation requests in ATLAS;
- Organize travel including purchase of tickets, Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) calculation for all travelers;
- Prepare submissions to on PROMPT as necessary.
- Preparation and analysis of project workplan and budget proposals
- Preparation of data for monitoring of projects; categorization, updating, tracking and analyzing data related to projects, e.g. accounting records, outputs, resources utilized, deviations/revisions, etc.; carries out periodic status reviews
- Identification of issues and initiates requisite follow-up actions
- Preparation of reports on budget revisions, expenditures and obligations, verification availability of funds;
- Preparation for financial authorizations for expenditures to be approved and documentation in prevailing budget system;
- Preparation of annual and quarterly audit/project financial reports, operational and financial closure of a medium size project.
- Creation of projects in Atlas, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of a project.
- Support to the effective reporting on progress of project implementation
- Provides support in the interpretation of budget guidelines; reviews and coordinates submissions of work proposal and budget estimation, ensuring requisite information is included and justified in terms of proposed activities; propose adjustments as necessary; prepares reports and ensures that outputs/services are properly categorized.
- Identification of issues and initiates requisite follow-up actions.
- Preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system including timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects, register of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Provide administrative support to contract management processes; maintain databases;
- Coordinate submissions of F10 claims;
- Maintain rosters of suppliers;
- Maintain filing system.
- Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
- Arrange shipments and conference facilities;
- Facilitate the processing of requests for visas for all UN travelers;
- Support with administrative duties;
- Arrange hotel reservations for visiting UN/UNDP officials;
- Organize hotel and event arrangements for all official UNDP meetings/ functions, engagements, ensure that all requirements are catered for as required;
- Arrange transportation requests for the project;
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Organization of trainings for the project staff.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in project management support function
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Assist Project Manager (International) with financial reporting and other tasks as required.
- Conducts internal capacity building training for project staff to facilitate appropriate management and timely delivery of project outputs including in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming.
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
- Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Maintains databases of donor information
- Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Responds positively to new approaches
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Maintains database of project files
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Prince2 training and certification, RMG
- Specialized certification in Accounting and Finance (ICAN). Bachelor’s degree in in Accounting, Finance, Business, or other relevant fields of study would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 5 years of relevant finance or procurement experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is an absolute necessity
- Demonstrated strong familiarity with UNDP development projects in Nigeria.
- Knowledge on various donor’s reporting requirements.
- Strong knowledge and solid experience in coordination of project management support are essential as well as ability to draft high quality correspondence on budget-related issues, briefing notes, graphic and statistical summaries, accounting spreadsheets, etc.
- Good inter-personal and team building skills.
- Full time availability for project management support duties is essential.
- Familiar with Government and UN/UNDP procedures would be desirable
- Advance computer skills required, knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems would be highly desirable.
*QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension