- Provide support in the day-to-day administration and programme of the project, providing direction and validating project deliverables of the NATCOMs for the approval by the National Technical Committee.
- Support national coordinators to formulate Annual Work Plans to ensure efficient implementation of project deliverables.
- Provide support to ensure the effective implementation of the programme through the provision of appropriate guidelines and development of programme personnel in accordance with UNDP's policies and procedures.
- Provides support to the project team lead in the coordination of Project Steering Committee meetings and composed of high-level representatives from the European Union, ECOWAS, GIZ, GFFO and UNDP.
- Ensures preparation of projects briefs, analysis and presentation of project information for preparation of progress reports as well as accurate financial reporting on all the project activities.
- Provide support to ensure quality assurance for the project in-country and for monitoring project deliverables based on the quarterly reports.
- Creation of required project entries in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Provision of guidance to the implementing partners on routine implementation of projects.
- Presentation of information for audit, supports implementation of audit recommendations.
- Provides programme support in the coordination of National Technical Committee meetings composed of representatives from the ECOWAS, EU, NATCOMs, CSOs and relevant stakeholders.
- Provides support on ensuring quality project reports, quarterly and annually for partner in line with donor reporting guidelines.
- Support the team lead and serve as liaison between UNDP and partners to ensure that national partners such as the NATCOMs and the CSO's are constantly involved in the implementation and dissemination of information.
- Conduct external and internal analysis for assessing additional opportunities in resource mobilization for respective NATCOMS.
- Actively participate in the implementation of the Partnership and Resource Mobilization (PRM) Strategy for the project
- Support team lead in the negotiation, drafting and revision of agreements with donors
- Update baselines, indicators, targets and results for all outputs under the Small arms project.
- Ensure communication of development results of the project are shared with the partners as well as within UNDP.
- Actively participate to identify and formulate lessons learned and recommendations to be integrated into broader ECOWAS knowledge management efforts.
- Ensure lessons from project are shared as contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Preparing information for advocacy
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating UNDP’s mandate
- Contributes into results through primary research and analysis
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Maintaining a network of contacts
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up to date on partnership related issues
- Analyses and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
- Enhancing processes or products
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things.
- Providing inputs to resource mobilization strategies
- Analyses information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Basic research and analysis
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up to date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Preparing information for global advocacy
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Advanced University degree (Master’s) in social sciences, business management, accounting, sociology, international relations, political science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in project fund management and budget management in UN or NGO at the national or international level. Demonstrated experience in programme management and coordination, multi-donor relations and communications for development.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation is essential. Sound knowledge of Small Arms and light weapons related issues and good knowledge of regional instruments on Small Arms and Light Weapons and Ammunition management.
- Good understanding of UNDP, ECOWAS and EU’s rules and procedures, financial system and programme implementation module in the ECOWAS sub region.
- Good knowledge of UNDP programme management procedures is critical. Knowledge of ECOWAS, EU and GIZ programme implementation procedures is an advantage.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension