- CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position:
- Breakthrough ACTION is a 5 year cooperative agreement funded by the USAID to lead their Social Behavior Change (SBC) programming around the world. Breakthrough ACTION is a partnership led by the Johns Hopkins Center for communication programs in collaboration with Save the Children, ThinkPlace, ideas42, Camber Collective, International Center for Research on Women & Viamo. The project works in partnership with govt.'s, civil society & communities to implement creative & sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques, technologies, advocate for strategic & sustained investment in SBC.
- In South Sudan Breakthrough Action will focus their efforts on family planning, maternal, child health, water, sanitation & hygiene & the Covid-19 response through innovative evidence based SBC interventions. In addition, Breakthrough Action will support capacity strengthening of key stakeholders in their ability to design, implement & evaluate SBC activities.
- The incumbent will work closely with the SBC Advisor to design, test & implement the Breakthrough ACTION South Sudan interventions & activities at national & sub national levels. The position will provide technical guidance & capacity strengthening to the project in application of gender approaches in the design & roll out of high quality SBC interventions especially discovery, definition & design activities. This position requires travel in South Sudan.
- Support the design, planning, implementation & monitoring of social, behavior change & risk communication programming.
- Assist with development, review, pretesting, refinement, & finalization of SBC materials & tools.
- Serve as the gender expert lead & technical authority Breakthrough ACTION South Sudan.
- Support & build the capacity of partners & existing structures to design & implement social & behavior change & / or risk communication activities.
- Ensure timeliness & high integrity of activity implementation in accordance with the work plan.
- Monitor & ensure all SBC activities & any challenges are documented & reported on a regular basis.
- Generate media briefs, reports, success stories & other program documentation as requested.
- Share new & creative ideas, embrace ambiguity, be optimistic & create innovations rooted in people’s actual needs to explore lots of different possibilities for prototypes & solutions.
- Stay up to date on media & gender trends in South Sudan to provide specific direction & solutions to complex problems.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- This role reports to the superviser.
- Master’s degree in any of the following fields Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics Research Methods, Design, Communication or Behavioural Science with relevance to SBC programming, research, monitoring & evaluation or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience public health, epidemiology, biostatistics research methods, design, communication or behavioural.
- Experience with programs in social & behavior change, gender, media, material & message design & / or capacity strengthening.
- Previous experience of working for SBC / SBCC or health communication programs is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience public health, epidemiology, biostatistics research methods, design, communication or behaviour.
- Must be fluent in oral & written English
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal & collaboration skills.
- Possession of excellent leadership skills to be used for consensus building & mentoring.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience applying methods & tools including low & high fidelity prototyping, moderated & unmoderated user testing.
- Comfortable interacting with key stakeholders & acting as the voice of the customer.
- Self starter that can work under minimum direction in a highly collaborative, team based environment.
- Has a passion for problem solving & believing that all problems are solvable.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- This position has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.