POSITION TITLE: Program Development Intern
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
DEPARTMENT: Environment and Energy (E2) Group
REPORTS TO: Manager, New Business, CEEW
Job Overview/Summary: The E2 internship is a minimum 4-month, part- to full-time paid internship. The internship requires an energetic, detail-oriented person who wants to work collaboratively with multiple teams to support project development across the globe.
Please note: due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, this internship will begin remotely, with the option to come into the Crystal City office in September/October or after reopening depending on the timeframe.
- Conduct market analysis to identify new and diverse opportunities for Winrock's E2 team to pursue.
- Support development and execution of E2 processes and strategies to support new business targets and objectives.
- Support proposal development through the proactive preparation of capabilities statements.
- Support proposal teams with capture efforts and live bids. This will include research, document management, and meeting organization.
- Tailor CVs supporting recruitment/staffing processes and other roles.
- Assist with database updates and intel-gathering on prospective opportunities and partnerships.
- Represent Winrock at local external events as requested.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external audiences.
- Other new business research/operational assistance, as needed and available.
- At a minimum, candidates should be a graduate- or upperclassman undergraduate-level students in a field relevant to international development. Candidates with an obvious focus on areas relevant to E2's work (forestry, ecology, energy, environment policy) are preferred.
- Additional certifications in project management or topics relevant to E2 desired.
- Minimum of one year of experience in client relations, research-focused roles, or technical areas related to clean energy, natural resource management, and sustainable water use.
- Demonstrated work in program development, technical writing, and project implementation skills.
- Advanced degrees in relevant fields can offset experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Exceptional writing and other communications skills required.
- Experience writing or contributing to grant applications/proposals preferred.
- Experience in research and data analysis.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, ability to think critically and work independently are a must.
- Commitment to pursuing a career in international development strongly preferred.
- International experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) strongly desired.
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times.
- English fluency; fluency in a second language strongly preferred.
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills and a high degree of diplomacy and tact.
- Must not require sponsorship to work in the US.
Working Environment*:* Standard Office Work Environment
Winrock International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winrock considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
*No calls please**