You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
- Quality implementation of the projects in Syria in benefit of affected population.
- Ensure project objectives are met in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure proper administrative, financial, procurement, monitoring and evaluation management processes/procedures are in place to guarantee the timely, quality and effective implementation of the program and projects activities.
- Planning, implementation and quality of work throughout the program and projects activities in accordance to relevant humanitarian guidelines, policies and national and/or international standards.
- Contribute in identifying, developing and implementing AAH’s country strategy.
- Active participation in identifying new potential interventions.
- Regular reporting of program and projects activities, proper collection and archiving of support documents and source of verifications, capitalization and lessons learnt..
Key activities in your role will include
1: Coordination and supervision of AAH's programming in Syria in accordance to Donors, Sectors, National Ministries’ standards, Partner
- Supervise, monitor and ensure the planning, implementation and quality of work throughout the program and projects activities in accordance to relevant humanitarian guidelines, policies and national and/or international standards.
- Ensure that all the steps of the projects are agreed with local authorities and partners.
- Regularly evaluate and report on issues and risks arising from the program and project activities, and contribute, in coordination with relevant departments, to develop mitigation strategies and recommendations for operational improvements.
- budget follow-up of projects and carry out regular budget reviews in coordination with program and finance teams and ensure corrective actions are taken, when necessary
- Undertake regular travel to the areas of intervention engaging in on-site program monitoring and overseeing the implementation of activities to ensure and enhance program effectiveness and quality.
- Organize coordination meetings and ensure effective communication between program team and the other departments
- Manage, lead and support the program team and provide direction to them on the planning, budgets burnt rate, monitoring of the achievement of the activities and deliverables.
- Hold overall responsibility for operational compliance with donor and AAH’s guidelines and procedures in coordination with the support department (Log/Admin/HR)
2: To contribute in identifying, developing and implementing AAH’s country strategy, including relevant participation in identifying new potential interventions and in writing proposal
- Contribute to the identification, development and implementation of the Country Strategy and Play a key role in the implementation
- Develop annual action plan according to mission strategy
- Contribute significantly to the identification of needs and planning of assessment for the development of new proposals
- Contribute to the preparation of complete, accurate and realistic budgets for donor proposals, to ensure that all activities are fully and accurately included in budgets
3: Representation and Coordination with relevant stakeholders (Partners, Donors, National and Local Authorities, Ministries, etc.)
- Contribute to develop and maintain institutional and working relationship with Government Ministries, departments, local partners, UN agencies and NGOs
- Participate, whenever needed, in meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Support the establishment of terms of agreements and MoUs with partners, Ministries and others.
- Represents the organization towards Donors, partners, authorities and other stakeholders and ensure coordination of field visits (partners, Donors, etc.)
4: Human Resources Management: oversee the selection, hiring, management and capacity building of the program team under his/her responsibility
- Ensure management, supervision and mentoring of staff within the area of responsibility, contributing to their capacity building and career development.
- Ensure conflict resolution (personal and professional) within team members under her/his responsibility.
- Responsible for the well-being of team members under her/his management.
5: Reporting, documentation, archiving and capitalization
- Ensure monthly and annual reports are produced in a timely manner by program staff; review and validate them.
- Provide regular reporting of activities to the line manager upon his/her solicitation
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Higher education/Master in a relevant discipline (e.g. social sciences, economics, international development or any related field).
- Solid knowledge and experience of Project Cycle Management and strategic planning – compulsory
- Technical knowledge of implementing emergency and early recovery interventions is a must
- Knowledge of the Middle East context desirable.
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field as coordinator or similar (at least 3 years) and preferably with AAH and in Middle East;
- Good experience in working with local/national partners, Ministries, experience in implementing emergency interventions and capacity building for partners.
- English (compulsory working language, fluent spoken, read and written); Arabic (preferable but not required).
- Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel, Sphinx (desirable)
- Mobility (national/ international): Yes, within Syria and outside of Syria
- Proven knowledge and experience in proposal and report writing compulsory
- High level of MS office applications (Word/Excel, power point); Use of statistics and GIS programs is an advantage.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 12 months
- Base: Damascus
- Excellent remuneration package
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.