Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
GLOBAL PRACTICES & CROSS-CUTTING SOLUTIONS AREAS
The 14 GPs are: Agriculture; Education; Energy and Extractives; Environment and Natural Resources; Finance and Markets; Governance; Health, Nutrition and Population; Macroeconomics and Fiscal Management; Poverty; Social Protection and Labor; Social, Urban, Rural and Resilience; Trade and Competitiveness; Transport and ICT; and Water.
GLOBAL PRACTICE FOR MACROECONOMICS, TRADE, AND INVESTMENT
The Global Practice for Macroeconomics, Trade, and Investment (MTI) comprises about 450 staff working across more than 100 countries. The Practice houses the Bank’s country economists as well as professional staff with expertise in macroeconomics, fiscal policy, growth, and statistics. MTI professionals most often work across sectors helping carry out key integrative functions. Knowledge and learning are central parts of MTI, with work focused on 5 thematic areas: (a) macroeconomics; (b) fiscal policy; (c) growth; (d) debt; and (e) macroeconomic modelling & statistics.
MTI’s GLOBAL MACROECONOMICS, GROWTH AND DEBT UNIT
Within MTI, the Global Macroeconomics, Growth and Debt unit delivers knowledge products and advisory services on macro modelling and debt. The unit consists of a dedicated team of debt management specialist and fiscal economists; a macro-modelling team; and a small team of macroeconomic researchers.
Roles & Responsibility:
We are hiring a hard-working and dedicated program assistant for the MTI Global Unit on Macroeconomics, Trade and Investment. The successful candidate will work on administrative issues; specifically:
- Manage appointments and events for the practice manager.
- Schedule meetings for the unit, organize events, and carry out other logistical duties.
- Manage internal and external training events for staff and clients.
- Prepare contracts for consultants and purchase orders, and travel/statement of expenses.
- Prepare minutes of discussions.
- Prepare documents for publication, including by formatting and spell checking them, and interacting with editors when needed.
- Manage databases (Debt managers, GDRM and Macro databases)
- A bachelor’s degree with at least three (3) years of relevant professional experience.
- A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude, and drive.
- Leadership and innovating skills.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and knowledge sharing.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, schedule, plan and coordinate work and other activities internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and sound judgement.
- Critical thinking, effective analytical, research and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently and make judgments and decisions with minimal supervision.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.