The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than 40 countries and in 26 U.S. cities, our dedicated teams provide clean water, shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people.
Technology and Operations supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable solutions for the IRC’s offices around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
The Data Insights, Systems, and Architecture team is responsible for the design and delivery of data and technology solutions at the IRC. As a Data Excellence Program Analyst or Product Manager, you’ll set new standards for high-impact results by establishing and cultivating positive relationships across the organization, driving continuous improvement, and delivering value through the implementation of high-quality, strategic data programs. This is an exciting role with the ability to achieve significant impact. If you want to make a difference in our organization and the world, we want to talk with you.
Technical Product Management / Business Analysis
• Drive aspects of planning and execution of product development activities for products including discovery and analysis, writing specifications, documenting plans, engaging organizational leaders via email and meetings, identifying project risks and risk mitigation strategies, communications, and budgeting and reporting
• Document business needs, business goals, business requirements, technical requirements, and technical specifications for data collection tools and dashboards
• Develop business cases
• Plan, execute, and deliver user-focused solutions by effectively coordinating technology and business teams
• Write stories for product development
• Build productive relationships with users and business owners
• Define new data collection and analysis processes for a variety of different organizational data
• Collect and interpret data
• Present results in a variety of formats, e.g. blogs, PowerPoint
• Communicate regularly and proactively with project teams, internal and external stakeholders, and leadership
• Create presentations on data products, data programs, and business processes
Capacity Building and Support
• Develop training materials on apps and dashboards
• Deliver training to staff throughout the IRC
• Troubleshoot and investigate issues in our data systems
Demonstrated Skills and Proficiencies:
• Ability to bring structure to unstructured situations
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Ability to empathize with users to effectively advocate and drive solutions
• Ability to take initiative and be innovative – bias for action and ownership
• Ability lead and facilitate effectively in self-organizing teams
• Ability to communicate tradeoffs
• Ability to organize information
• Ability to manage time
• Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with remote teammates and users
• Ability to have fun and laugh
Education: As a technical position, this position requires logical reasoning and scientific thinking. A degree or relevant equivalent work experience in computer science, economics, public health, or another relevant field is preferred. All backgrounds accepted.
Language Skills: English required
Preferred experience & skills:
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience
• Background in humanitarian or development programming
• French language
Working Environment: Standard office work environment
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.