- Elaboration and implementation of operational strategies;
- Efficient management of procurement processes;
- Elaboration, introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and promotion of e-procurement tools;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; elaboration of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit, harmonization of the workflows in the office.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
- Conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of contract strategy in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers, management of the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of strategic procurement in the CO including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement promotion, performance measurement.
- Timely and proper preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects using the new e-planning platforms (PROMPT), establishment of the deadlines and monitoring of their implementation.
- Establishment and implementation of proper monitoring system and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt and evaluation of quotations, bids or proposals, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Certification of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (RACP and ACP).
- Management of procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility
- Elaboration and implementation of the internal control system, which ensures that Purchase Orders (PO) are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Management of the implementation of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
- Supervision of preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Establishment and implementation of harmonized procurement services and elaboration of proposals on common services expansion in the UN House, introduction and management of joint procurement for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Management of the e-procurement system.
- Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Organization of trainings for Govt. staff on Procurement as required.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Contribution to UNCT and OMT activities through Procurement Interagency working group.
- Displays initiative, sets challenging outputs for him/herself and willingly accepts new work assignments;
- Takes responsibility for achieving agreed outputs within set deadlines and strives until successful outputs are achieved.
- Makes the case for innovative ideas documenting successes and building them into the design of new approaches;
- Identifies new approaches and strategies that promote the use of tools and mechanisms;
- Develops and/or participates in the development of tools and mechanisms, including identifying new approaches to promote individual and organizational learning and knowledge sharing using formal and informal methodologies.
- Understands more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines;
- Serves as internal consultant in the area of expertise and shares knowledge with staff;
- Continues to seek new and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work of the unit;
- Keeps abreast of new developments in area of professional discipline and job knowledge and seeks to develop him/herself professionally;
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Provides counseling and coaching to colleagues who are dealing with change Assists in the development of policies, communications, and change strategies;
- Performs appropriate work analysis and assists in redesign to establish clear standards for implementation.
- Makes recommendations regarding design or operation of systems or programmes within organizational units;
- Identifies and recommends remedial measures to address problems in systems design or implementation.
- Anticipates client needs;
- Works towards creating an enabling environment for a smooth relationship between the clients and service provider;
- Demonstrates understanding of client’s perspective;
- Keeps the client informed of problems or delays in the provision of services;
- Uses discretion and flexibility in interpreting rules in order to meet client needs and achieve organizational goals more effectively;
- Solicits feedback on service provision and quality.
- Provides inputs to the development of organizational standards for accountability and results-based management.
- Promoting ethics and integrity, creating organizational precedents;
- Building support and political acumen;
- Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation;
- Building and promoting effective teams;
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication;
- Creating an emotionally intelligent organization;
- Leveraging conflict in the interests of UNDP & setting standards;
- Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- A certification in procurement (CIPS, …) is a distinct advantage
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management;
- Proven experience managing high-value strategic procurement processes;
- Experience in the usage of computers, ERP Systems and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web-based management systems;
- Experience managing construction/civil-works procurement processes will be an asset;
- Experience managing procurement processes through e-sourcing platforms will be an asset;
- Some experience in applying gender principles on procurement strategy implementation will be an asset;
- Experience in managing the purchasing process through an online purchasing management tool (e-Tendering or similar) would be an advantage;
- Experience in managing formal purchasing processes (RFP and ITB) would be an advantage;
- Experience in submitting purchase files to contract review and approval committees (RACP and ACP) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Atlas system or other equivalent automated purchasing systems is an asset.
- Proficiency in French (spoken and written) is required.
- Good command of English is essential.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension