Job Overview/Summary: Working under the supervision of the Head of Office based in Belgrade with travel to IRC Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina program field sites as required, the Procurement Officer is a key position within Supply Chain and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC procurement system. Procurement Officer must be able to rapidly procure program supplies, services, and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide procurement services for IRC Balkans as required
- Implement and / or maintain standard IRC Balkans procurement policies and procedures and ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC Balkans and donor-specific polices
- Attend procurement committee meetings.
- Coordinate with Finance, Admin, and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation
- Ensure that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained, generating bids analysis and Purchase Orders and Payment requests.
- Routinely communicate, coordinate, and plan with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensure that all supplies, services, and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Establish and maintain ethical and professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Support and provide appropriate trainings for procurement and program staff as required.
- Advise the Head of Office of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Be a part of master agreement procedure
- Anticipate in Market study process for Agreement extension
- Manage the sourcing strategy in procurement Team for all items & services
- Be a focal point of a field program, some agreements (master agreements) & partners.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by Head of Office
- Generate and / or maintain an IRC Pre-qualified Vendor database
- Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for goods, services and equipment purchased by IRC
- Produce routine purchase status reports for Head of Office, Programs and Finance
- Update Donor requirement & follow up closing grants procurement requests
- Execute Procurement Requests in a timely manner and based on standard operating principles
- Update Procurement reports
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team essential.
- Must be computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- INGO experience preferred
- Ability to communicate in English and write clear and concise reports in English strongly preferred
- Fluency in Serbian is required
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
- Three years’ work experience in procurement is required,
- Holder of a valid driving license
- Good mathematical skills.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
Working Environment: The position will be based in Belgrade with travel to Program Sites.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to any characteristic protected by the applicable law.