Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- After completing clearance work in Eastern Sudan, our client in Sudan is focusing on clearing landmines & ERWs for humanitarian purposes in South Kordofan & Blue Nile, the most contaminated states in Sudan due to ongoing armed conflict since 2011.
- The objectives of this project are to:
- Enable safe humanitarian aid delivery through survey & clearance roads & area in South Kordofan & Blue Nile contaminated by landmines & ERW.
- Reduce casualties among the Sudanese population, refugees & humanitarian actors through risk education.
- Improve coordination & monitoring of HMA across Sudan.
- Provide direct technical support to Sudan National Mine Action Centre sub office & Implementing Partners, in response to the MA needs & priorities in South Kordofan state.
- Supporting NMAC sub offices in South Kordofan state on quality management, operations management & oversight of MA activities.
- Provide mentoring & on the job capacity building support to NMAC sub office staff & Implementing organisations.
- Provide technical support to NMAC sub office in accreditation, tasking, monitoring, quality control & reporting.
- Provide QMS in MA training to the NMAC sub office & MA organisations staff to ensure application of QMS in MA based on IMAS 07.12 & SNMAS 07.01.
- Manage & conduct QA & monitoring of the MA activities & operations in South Kordofan on land release, MRE & Victim Assistance & ensure monitoring data is captured in IMSMA for analysis & continual improvement.
- Provide guidance on any specific corrective & preventive actions to be taken by MA organisations, following an inspection, which finds a critical nonconformity.
- Undertake investigation & take part in Board of Inquiry of demining accidents & or other circumstances that requested by NMAC & directed by our client.
- Manage & support undertaking of impact M&E of the MA services in South Kordofan, through guiding & overseeing the implementation of related procedures, checklists & questionnaires.
- Provide training & analysis of data & ensure proper communication of the results with MA stakeholders.
- Manage & provide MA related training's to the NMAC staff & also to the implementing organisations including basic demining, supervising, NTS.
- Convene operational review meetings on regular basis to identify the areas for improvement & contribute to continual improvements in MA operations & services.
- Manage our clients sub office & participate in local UN coordination meetings & coordinate with relevant humanitarian & security stakeholders in the area such as UNDSS & OCHA on the safety of all humanitarian actors.
- Coordinate, facilitate & prioritise all operational tasking for MA within the area of deployment considering stakeholders needs & priorities.
- Update prioritisation / operation plan through collection & analysis of hazards information provided by IP's & IMSMA database & requested clearance by local people & or other stakeholders.
- Supervises grants / contracts with all MA partners to ensure contractual conformity & humanitarian principle.
- Ensure close & effective interaction & coordination of the integral aspects of MA, such as survey, land release, VA, MRE & QA monitoring.
- Ensure that the SOP of MA organisations are in compliance with Sudan NMAS, IMAS & MA organisations are conducting safe & effective MA operations.
- Conduct training's in the field of Ops / QA & other technical areas of MA for national partner as part of national capacity building.
- Depending on the role which this position will be assigned to within the project administration setup in a specific country / program (i.e. office structure, DOAs, ATLAS functions, segregation of duties, etc.), the incumbent will have responsibilities determined by our clients rules & regulations embodied in its regulatory framework, organisational directives, administrative instructions & other documents as periodically issued and updated by our client.
- Reporting lines with regards to compliance with our clients rules & regulations are ultimately to our clients Director Peace & Security Cluster through the respective Portfolio Manager.
- In addition, division of responsibilities when it comes to administrative processes in support of the program objectives will be as determined for each country office & confirmed in writing by our clients Director of Peace & Security Cluster.
- Other tasks as directed by the Senior Operations Manager.
This role reports to the UNMAS Sudan Senior Ops Adviser completing the below reports:
- Reporting on weekly, monthly & quarterly basis on progress to Program Manager.
- Report on coordination & other issues on ad-hoc basis as required / requested.
- Ensure that all reporting is entered to IMSMA.
- This role will have 1 national operational staff directly reporting into him / her.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Advanced University Degree (Masters Degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in MA operations & QA with EOD Level 2 certificate.
- At least 5 years of experience in operations management (HMA).
- Proven & applicable experience in management of operations in HMA desired.
- Proven experience with QA & QC process in HMA operations irrelevant to the geographical location.
- Fluency in spoken & written English.
- Fluency in spoken & written Arabic is desirable.
- Teamwork skills: Strong interpersonal skills & ability to establish & maintain effective partnerships & working relations with people in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity & respect for diversity.
- Organising & quality orientation: Ability to manage, organise, plan & implement work assignments, juggle competing demands & work under pressure of frequent & tight deadlines.
- Decision making: Demonstrated ability to apply good judgement & decision-making skills.
- Communication skills: Strong spoken & written communication skills.
- Creativity & innovation: Strong analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to handle a range of management & coordination issues.
- Ability to learn: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments.
- Lives & breathes our client’s values: Takes ownership for all responsibilities & honours commitments.
Other relevant information:
- To be advised.