- CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position:
- CTG is looking to contract qualified Interpreters / Translators across Iraq. The incumbent must be flexible to travel across Iraq as required.
- Under the guidance & supervision of the Preparation Team & Regional Team, the National Interpreter Officer provides interpretation & translation services which are consistent with standing rules & regulations at the highest professional level. The incumbent will be required and should be ready to travel & work outside of the duty station city.
Ensures efficient translation & interpretation services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full & precise delivery of bi directional English & Arabic verbal & written communications between the project & external program partners on subject matters related to the operational support.
- Accompanying the project team members in the day to day project operations, to deliver interpretation support between beneficiaries & the program team.
- Accompanying the project team members to provide interpretation to oral conversations, discussions & interviews especially when attending meetings with officials, diplomats, community representatives & others.
- Accompanying the project team members to the meetings to provide interpretation & translation from newspapers, written reports, magazines etc.
- Assist in the operational & administrative processes of the project & recommend solutions where appropriate.
- Accompanying the international staff with their travel on official missions to the field for interpretation & other assistance, as needed.
Ensures effective recording & retention of information relevant to the program delivery, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the project teams in the planning process & assist in the preparation of project reports & documents as required.
- Provide accurate, faithful & timely translation of reports, minutes, visibility items, official & unofficial communications, other documents & texts for the program team into the target language. Respecting the source layout when required.
- Note taking at the meetings, their consolidation & drafting minutes of the meetings, discussions, interviews etc.
- Maintaining the organized files of the documentation of project files & other supporting documents as instructed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Monitoring & progress controls:
- The key results have an impact on creation of effective communications & dissemination of information among the members of the UN teams & their counterparts.
- In particular, the key results have an impact on implementation of the electoral activities, as well as reaching the overall targets. of the OEA.
- This role works under the guidance & supervision of the Preparation Team & Regional Team.
- Bachelors’ Degree, preferably in the field of Translation, Political Science, Social Science, Communication, Education, Project Development, Human Resources, Business Administration, Management or Engineering or related field, highly desirable. A Technical Licence / qualification with additional years of experience might be accepted in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Fluent in both spoken & written English & Arabic is required. Knowledge of local languages (other than Arabic) desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in administration, project management, translation in writing & verbal instant interpretation, experience in translating manuals, letters & other documents with proof of past successful work.
- Flexibility & willingness to live & work in hazardous conditions involving physical hardship & little comfort.
- Ability to work harmoniously with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in the usage of computers & office software packages.
- Develops & implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term & externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates & perceives the impact & implications of future decisions & activities on other parts of the organization.
- Treats all individuals with respect, responds sensitively to differences & encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational & ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity & inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates & supports the development of others. Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs & inspires others to succeed, utilising appropriate leadership styles.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners & always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds & maintains strong external relationships & is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self & / or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities & takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change & flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences & modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data & courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation & creativity to problem solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise & open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings & needs of others. Actively listens & proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion & finding common ground.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- The incumbent must be flexible to travel across Iraq as required.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.