- CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position:
- CTG is looking to contract qualified Interpreters / Translators across Iraq. The incumbent must be flexible to travel across Iraq as required.
- Under the guidance & supervision of superviser, the National Interpreter - Associate provides interpretation & translation services which are consistent with standing rules & regulations at the highest professional level. The incumbent will be required & should be ready to travel & work outside of the duty station city, especially on election day.
Summary of key functions:
- Efficient interpretation services during the project meetings & events.
- Effective translation, recording & retention of information relevant to the project delivery.
- Support for the project team in qualitative & precise communication with the national stakeholders & partners.
Ensures efficient translation and interpretation services, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Full & precise delivery of bi directional English – Arabic verbal & written communications between the project, external & internal project partners on subject matters related to the elections operational support.
- Accompanying the project team members to the meetings, events & keeping records of the meetings if & when required.
Ensures effective recording & retention of information relevant to the project delivery, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proofreading & editing of the reports, minutes, official & unofficial communications, other documents & texts for the project team.
- Note taking at the meetings, their consolidation & drafting minutes of the meetings, discussions, interviews etc.
- Maintaining the organized files of the documentation as instructed by the Deputy Project Manager.
Support project team in qualitative & precise communication with the national stakeholders & partners, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Drafting project briefs & project updates.
- Research & retrieval of background & analytical data from internal & external sources as assigned by the project teams.
Coordinate & arrange meetings with other parties, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization & coordination of meetings & discussions.
- Drafting / preparing background materials & talking points for the meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Impact of results:
- The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the project delivery.
- Accurate, precise interpretation & translation, as well as the recording of the communication & presentation of information, is one of the keys to the success of the project.
- Incumbent’s qualitative performance is decisive in the results of work.
- This role works under the guidance & supervision of superviser.
- Secondary / High School education is required, a University Degree with 1 year of relevant experience, preferably in the field of Translation, Political Science, Social Science, Communication, Education, Project development, Human Resources or related field, highly desirable.
- Fluent in both spoken & written English & Arabic is required. Knowledge of local languages (other than Arabic) desirable.
- Minimum of 7 years (with secondary school certificate) of relevant experience in translation in writing & verbal instant interpretation, experience in translating manuals, letters & other documents with proof of past successful work. A University Degree with one (1) year of relevant experience will be acceptable.
- Flexibility & willingness to live & work in hazardous conditions involving physical hardship & little comfort.
- Ability to work harmoniously with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in the usage of computers & office software packages.
- Develops & implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term & externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates, perceives the impact & implications of future decisions & activities on other parts of the organization.
- Treats all individuals with respect, responds sensitively to differences & encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational & ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity & inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates & supports the development of others. Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs & inspires others to succeed, utilising appropriate leadership styles.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners & always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds & maintains strong external relationships & is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self & / or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities & takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change & flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences & modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data & courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation & creativity to problem solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise & open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings & needs of others. Actively listens & proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion & finding common ground.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- The incumbent must be flexible to travel across Iraq as required.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.