FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 50 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist for MADANI, USAID’s five-year civil society strengthen project that began in March 2019. MADANI focuses on developing the capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs) to increase accountability and tolerance in 32 districts in the provinces of Banten, West Java, East Java, Central Java, South Sulawesi, and West Kalimantan.
The MEL Specialist will serve as a technical resource for the USAID MADANI Project. The Specialist will provide technical assistance to project’s monitoring, evaluation, learning and research activities, including the development and dissemination of tools, materials, and capacity building materials. The Specialist will support the design and establishment of MADANI’s MEL system, including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the project, and work closely with the technical team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the existing MEL framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements. The Specialist will support data analysis and production of data use products and mechanisms to promote evidence-based programming, and timely feedback in relation to targets or identification and resolution of gaps. S/he will provide guidance on appropriate information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist will:
📌 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗷𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀? 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗣 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮 ✔
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
- Support monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for MADANI.
- Support development and implementation of a MEL system to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Work with the Monitoring and Reporting Officer to ensure that data is collected and reported
- Work with the Knowledge Management and Information System (KMIS) Officer to perform data analytics and intelligence, data visualization and analysis for MADANI’s KMIS system
- Work with the DCOP to improve consistency, quality and practicality of MEL strategies; promote dissemination and use of lessons learned within the project, the Government of Indonesia and other development partners.
- Oversee analytical studies and liaison with vendors and consultant conducting studies
- Build capacity of staff and MADANI grantees on MEL components and develop tools and materials to improve the capacity of MADANI grantees to accurately monitor and report on program activities
- Work with the Communications Specialist to develop communication materials to document and share project results and lessons learned
- Support the design and implementation of evaluations, surveys, implementation research and other research as required.
- Support high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject with strong grounding in quantitative and qualitative research methods; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience in MEL in Indonesia, preferably with USAID experience.
- Strong background in quantitative research design, methods, analysis and application of subsequent insights to improve performance.
- Experience developing MEL plans.
- Demonstrated MEL experience and skills, complemented by collaboration with varying types of partners.
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software e.g. MS Excel, MS Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata, etc.
- Must have exceptional writing, communications and presentation skills, fluency in the English language, strong teamwork and effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.