Be our MEAL expert in Vanuatu. Your technical leadership will define strategic direction and ensure high quality development and humanitarian programming. We need you to work with our strong and dedicated program team to refine and improve our work. Your specialist input will ensure we are reaching our ambitious goals and delivering long term change for children.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in the Pacific region and overseas and, if there’s a disaster - like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
Where you come in:
In this 3 year full-time maximum position based in our Port Vila office, you will be responsible for strengthening t he quality of Save the Children’s programs. This role supports the development and humanitarian program MEAL functions in Vanuatu and reports to the Program Director.
You will make an impact by:
* Supporting program teams to generate high quality evidence of intervention effectiveness to inform learning and adaptation
* Supporting the development and implementation of systems and processes to ensure high quality monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
* Undertaking quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform program learning
* Equipping program teams with skills and tools to undertake robust data collection
If we could compose the perfect you…
…You have highly developed interpersonal skills and a cultural awareness that gives you the ability to communicate and engage with a wide range of stakeholders. You are flexible and have experience working and living in the Pacific region. You are passionate about your sector and channelling your expertise to benefit children and families.
This role requires:
* Experience evaluating programs in Pacific, international or Australian contexts
* Qualitative and quantative analysis skills
* Evaluation design skills including the development of sample sizes and sampling techniques
* Measurement tool selection and design (e.g. survey design, focus group design)
* Experience of skill capacity building relevant to evaluation
* Experience with using software for data analysis
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same. We offer a competitive salary including generous salary packaging benefits, a friendly and flexible work environment, and great career opportunities – both locally and internationally.
Ni-Vanuatu applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
We’d love to hear from you.
Submit your cover letter and resume through the below link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications close 19th July 2020.
Position Description - Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Advisor
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work.
As part of the selection process, you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment and psychometric assessment to help us determine your suitability for the role.
Save the Children is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.