KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
* Support, mentor and advise on matters of mental health and psychosocial support within proposal development and programme design on fully focused MHPSS or integrated programmes.
* Input to programme design, country office technical strategy, training curriculums, learning agenda and research pieces
* Develop and adapt guidelines, manuals and training materials and tools to ensure quality delivery.
* Ensure that the MHPSS capacity is built in order to scale up response and deliver with increased impact and quality across multi-sector projects
* Develop methodologies and data collection techniques for assessments, indicators, programme management, evaluations, research.
* Support provincial staff in the planning, design, implementation and monitoring of MHPSS activities that may include: recreational and psych osocial activities, individual support to vulnerable children and adults, and trainings of facilitators or support officers.
* Provide technical supervision and mentoring to case workers, community mobilizers that provide 1-1 support (counselling where possible) to beneficiaries where possible
* Lead the continuous assessment of MHPSS needs of children, adolescents and youths and ensure that these are appropriately reflected in program strategy and proposals.
* Support regular participatory activities with different groups of children, adolescents and youths to identify issues affecting children in their communities, and assist the teams to develop appropriate responses;
* Coordinate the designing of children, adolescents and youth and family assessments and psychometrics tools and supervise their administration.
* In cooperation with other Technical Advisors, ensure that the integrated MHPSS activities are implemented acc ording to SC and international standards.
* Assist Save the Children in development and rolling out of MHPSS Monitoring &Evaluation tools,
* Support MHPSS team to identify severe cases to be referred to specialized psychological/psychiatric service providers
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability
* Work with the regional/global MHPSS TA and MEAL team to develop MEAL plans
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
* Develop a capacity building strategy to build the quality and scope of MHPSS activities
* Support in ensuring appropriate staffing within the operations component of the project team, within budget parameters.
* In consultation with the Director of Programme Implementation, ensure all project staff understand and are able to perform their roles, identifying areas of development as noted earlier.
Representation & Advocacy & Organizational Learning
* Help shape broader sector strategies through influence of and leadership within inter-agency coordination forums, ensuring the specific needs of children (and adults) are being addressed including representing Save the Children in inter-agency forums.
* Pro-actively identify advocacy opportunities, case studies and research opportunities which link with wider organisational strategic objectives, and turn these into action.
* Lead on organisational level programme policy, innovation, learning or representation initiatives in consultation with relevant internal stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Advanced degree in psychology, mental health or other relevant field
* Minimum 5 years of experience in MHPSS field
* Knowledge of protection in humanitarian context
* Proven capacity to supervise, and coach staff in MHPSS technical skills
* Experience of designing proposals and collecting technical data
* Ability to analyse information, evaluate options, and think and plan strategically
* Experience in capacity building and training of local communities, and protectıon stakeholders regarding education programming
* Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
* Excellent written and oral communication skills English
* Experience in a conflict context
* Commitment to Save the Children values and Child Safeguarding.