Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Vice President of the FSC, the Court Annexed Mediation Coordinator’s tasks and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate all court annexed mediation activities in collaboration with focal persons at the Federal High Court and the Federal First Instance Courts;
- Develop work plan and action plans for the implementation of court annexed mediation at the FSC;
- Follow up the proper functioning of all court annexed mediation centers;
- Facilitate the development of training manuals, training sessions for mediators;
- Prepare and update list of mediators;
- Facilitate awareness creation among the general public and relevant stakeholders on court annexed mediation;
- Conduct research on issues relevant to the effective implementation of court annexed mediation in all federal courts;
- Follow up and submit regular report on the status of performance of the court mediation activities;
- Undertake other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Demonstrate commitment to FSC’s mission, vision and values;
- Demonstrate commitment to UNDP's Mission, vision and values and that of the Implementing Partner;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Sharing:
- Share knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skill.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Strong understanding of the Ethiopian justice system and judicial reform initiatives;
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in the areas of governance, rule of law and justice, human rights and institutional capacity development;
- Proven performance in organizing and coordinating major initiatives, events;
- Adapts flexibly to changing situations, overcomes obstacles and recovers quickly from set-backs.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
Management and Leadership:
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Good sense of teamwork, inter-personal and conflict resolution skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Builds strong and harmonious relationships with clients and external actors;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in law, or related field of study.
- Four years of progressive working experience in the legal field, justice and rule of law;
- Relevant experience in research, teaching, consultancy, coordination in the areas of justice, or other related fields of law or human rights.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Amharic.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year with a possibility of extension