INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job position- MEAL Manager
Work location- Maiduguri with travel to all field offices
Reporting to- Head of Base
Supervision of- MEAL/Accountability officers & Assistants
General purpose of the position
The MEAL manager is responsible for ensuring that M&E reporting and data sets are in line with mission-wide reporting requirements. Assess training needs and engage MEAL team staff to roll-out the training programme.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Supports Project Managers (PMs) and Sector Coordinators in developing and maintaining updated project-specific M&E Plans, tools and frameworks in line with programmatic needs.
· Supports PMs in preparation of reporting, evaluations, and planning meetings
· Ensures MEAL reporting and data sets are consistent with mission-wide reporting requirements, of high quality and on time.
· Ensures that MEAL activities are applied across all projects, and comply with the MEAL Plans.
· Manages MEAL Team with direct line management of MEAL team members. Provide M&E induction training.
· Facilitates building of project and MEAL team members in planning, the value of MEAL and technical skills. Accountability, knowledge sharing and organisational learning.
· Supervises development and implementation of Accountability and Complaints Response Mechanism, including visibility and information sharing, receipt and logging of complaints, and provision of appropriate responses.
· In close coordination and cooperation with HoB, takes lead on preparing and organizing learning and information sharing workshops between MEAL and project teams.
· Develops and supervises the logging and follow up on MEAL related feedback in a Program Feedback Tracker.
· Engages with project teams, sector coordinators & HoB to support dissemination of project lessons.
· Contributes towards review, revision and development of data collection tools, methodologies, and standardized reporting templates.
· Ensures that M&E reports are submitted to Programmes to fulfil donor reporting requirements
· Advanced university degree in a relevant study
· Minimum of 5 years in humanitarian and/or development context & 3 years as MEAL manager;
· Experience in leading the MEAL development and roll-out for multi-sector programming;
· Experience in leading monitoring and evaluations for core donors (OFDA, UN, ECHO, etc.);
· Experience with team management/supervision and capacity building of teams;
· Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
· Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
· Strategic Vision & Service Orientation
· Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices