Place: IRAQ (Erbil)
Length: 24 months
Starting date: ASAP
Closing date for applications: 15/03/2020
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations,
we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences,
where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
HI has been registered and operational in Iraq since 1991 and has become a lead implementing agency in the emergency response in the Health and Protection sectors, operating across Ninewa, Kirkuk, Baghdad, Sulemaniyah and Diyala Governorates. Since 2014, HI has scaled up its intervention in Iraq to respond to the humanitarian needs generated by the capture of territory by the IS-group, subsequent military operations and the widespread displacement of Iraqi populations.
In line with HI Iraq’s Operational Strategy for the period 2017-2020, the global objective of HI programming in Iraq is to Enhance the protection and resilience of conflict-affected communities in Iraq; an objective achieved through an operational framework of three central pillars:
- Arms Risk Reduction: Reduce the impact of the Conventional Weapon (CW) and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) for conflict-affected populations through Risk Education and land release
- Health: Improve access to specific services for the most vulnerable people whose physical and functional and/or psychological integrity is compromised, through the provision of physical rehabilitation and Mental Health/Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services
- Access to Essential Services: Ensure equal access to essential services, protection and basic needs for all conflict-affected populations, including persons with disabilitiesThese pillars are complemented by three cross-cutting themes: a comprehensive approach to mine action, inclusion mainstreaming, and protection mainstreaming.
Under the line management of the country director, the MEAL Coordinator will lead in ensuring the quality of HI’s work by implementing monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning processes throughout the project cycle across all HI projects in Iraq. He/she will guarantee that these processes are undertaken in a way that is consistent with global HI standards and policies and other relevant international standards on quality program delivery.
The MEAL Coordinator will provide overall direction to the management of a robust, sustainable and effective MEAL system across all sectors of intervention. He/she will lead information-sharing and capacity building initiatives for HI program teams and partners to enable them to design, implement, monitor and evaluate programs using evidence-based knowledge and learning. Impact and outcome monitoring of HI’s programs focusing on the positive and negative effects in communities and among marginalized persons will be given special attention when undertaking MEAL exercises. Analysis on these changes will be shared extensively to all HI staff, partners and stakeholders to facilitate action. The main goal of the position is to promote a culture of MEAL that will inform HI’s programs in Iraq to better respond to the needs of people with disabilities and vulnerable populations.
System Design and Set-up
MEAL Structure Management
Data Management and Reporting
Implementation of Monitoring & Evaluation plans
Provision of accurate quantitative and qualitative data
Institutional Learning and Knowledge Building
Organization & Follow up
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold an University degree in information management, Humanitarian Assistance, Public health or related field
- You have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in managing and implementing MEAL systems in development and humanitarian contexts
- You have an extensive experience of implementing information management & MEAL systems for end users, and the technical knowledge in the development of such systems
- You are well organized, able to plan work accordingly and present complex information in a succinct, understandable manner
- You master project cycle management
- You are a leader, you have good managerial capacities, including managing teams in remote management
- An experience in contingency planning is an asset
- You demonstrate a very good knowledge of the MS office software (including Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven experience in designing and operating tools using online data collection softwares i.e. ODK, Kobo Collect, and SurveyCTO; Skills in other data software ( Le Sphinx, STATA, SPSS) is an asset
- You have an excellent communication (oral and written) in English
- You have strong skills in delivering capacity building to teams and partners
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
- Position based in Erbil, where there is an active social life and most facilities are available. The position will require frequent travel to the areas of intervention, where HI teams are working in community resources centres, IDP camps, health facilities and the communities in areas of Iraqi Kurdistan, Kirkuk, Nineveh, Diyala and Anbar and Baghdad if visas are issued.
- The security context remains fluid and movement restrictions can be introduced on an ad hoc basis.
- Security conditions : harsh safety conditions, curfew
- Position that could be opened to couples, to be discussed
- Starting date : ASAP
- Length of the contract: 24 months
- Salary from 2750 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 522,4 net/month
- Hardship allowance : 250€ net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : 5 days every 3 months
- Status : position can be opened to couples (to be discussed)
- Housing : Collective / individual taken in charge by HI